Generation Axe!!

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
KurtSS
Newcomer

Generation Axe!!

#1 Post by KurtSS » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:11 am

I was at the Generation Axe show in Vancouver on April 6. If you are a guitar fan, you have to go!!

I think they have taken the G3 idea to the next level here. Not only do you get individual sets from each player but they overlap and play with each other as well. Also, the finale is not just a jam but rather, a couple of fully arranged songs (which of course they all take extended solos on as well). I don't want to spoil the surprises - I'm sure clips are online if you want to see them - but I was smiling throughout this entire show.

Unreal.

I also did the meet and greet and must say it ran so smoothly. The guys were great.

h0rr0rmusic
Newcomer

Re: Generation Axe!!

#2 Post by h0rr0rmusic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:15 am

Do the guys sign stuff at the meet and greets? I am attending one in December and I have always wanted Steve to sign one of my Jem guitars. Thanks

Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Generation Axe!!

#3 Post by Jeroen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:35 am

Hi,
Steve will sign whatever you like, but bring expensive stuff like your guitar at your own risk. You may want to check with the venue first and see if they even allow you to bring a guitar, or that they are able to safely store it for you during the show perhaps.

But my advise would be to bring the backplate only....

Cheers,
Jeroen