Login with a social network:

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show in San Diego, CA, United States?

Please post your reviews here.

vai.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 pm 

First off, congratulations are in order as you celebrate the 25th anniversary Passion and Warfare tour. Your music has inspired me in so many ways throughout the years, and all of us who were at the San Diego show last night were in for a real treat. Thank you for playing for us, Steve. It was so good to see Tony MacAlpine up there with you. After what he and his wife had just gone through, it's a relief to know that he's getting healthy again.

"Jack Butler's going to like you...", and with that movie clip we all know so well, the drive and energy didn't let up for the next 2 and a half hours. Phillip Bynoe is a MONSTER on the bass, compounded with Jeremy pounding out on the skins, their groove shook the house and everybody in attendance. Dave's subtle nuances to the music have always been a wonderful addition to the whole experience and he definitely delivered.

For me, La Ballerina was the highlight, being played on a Jem that I've never seen before (Xavier). I've always wanted to see that live and to watch you play it last night was simply awesome. Blue Powder played on EVO was fantastic, and I noticed for the first time that cool thing you do in Gravity Storm is a string bend release, nothing to do with the trem bar. Your playing and techniques had us mesmerized.

Mr. Vai, You always put on a fantastic show. I hope this tour brings you and the crew many wonderful memories and experiences and I look forward to seeing your show again. Thank you, from all of us who were fortunate to witness this extraordinary show in America's Finest City.

Warmest Regards :headbang