Login with a social network:

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show in Las Vegas, NV, United States?
Please post your reviews here.

vai.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:36 am 
Newcomer

I was at this show. !! 5 out of 5 stars.
I have seen Steve perform over a dozen times throughout the years- starting with the first Roth tour. I think this setlist is the most "vai" I have ever seen. This show was immaculate.

I flew in from Hawaii to see/hear it. Brought Steve a beautiful Lei. There is no way I was going to miss seeing PAW performed. That is among my top five favorite guitar albums of all time (along with Electric Ladyland, Rising Force, Edge of Insanity, and I rotate #5).

Steve's playing was amazing as ever. And his demeanor was gracious and appreciative- something that you will really see if you do the EVO. It was my 4th EVO, and it was -as usual-a truly inspirational time.

I was so happy to see TMAC also. Thank you Steve for bringing Tony along. I also flew out to DC to see Gen Axe, that was AMAZING! Amazing as that was, I think I enjoyed hearing PAW with Tony opening even more.

I remember when I was a kid in high school, and Flexable had just come out. I loved the way Steve seemed to "color outside the lines" with his guitar playing, to make something unique and beautiful. He defied the limitations of the geography of the instrument, and his sense of composition was bold and different. It really resonated with me then (still does).

Flexible was great, but being that there were limitations in production,and being that Steve was still so young, I knew he was going to grow into something even more amazing artistically . I listened through the other bands , where Steve played great music , and I loved that stuff. But I was waiting for something else. I knew that when he got around to another solo release, with the resources and maturity he had acquired over the intervening years, it was going to be something special. I could just tell.

And when PAW finally did come out- I was calling the store every day "did you get it yet"? Finally got it. And was not disappointed. I listened awake, in my sleep, countless times. And I still hear stuff in there that I never noticed before sometimes. So, this tour is something very special to me- so much so that I plan to Fly out from Hawaii again to see it in Charlotte. I wish I could attend more performances, but my life is a little strained with logistical issues that have made it hard to get away. And the flight from is a long one.

Thanks for bringing this music on the road Steve.

Also plan to attend Vai academy (along with my brother)! Really excited about that.

Anybody still reading, if you are on the fence about seeing this tour, just go! If you are wondering about EVO experience, I highly recommend it. Charlotte will be the 5th EVO I have attended. It's worth every penny in my opinion.

Oh, can't sign off without a word on Steve's band. Incredible musicians all of them. I wish I had separate video on all of them for a given show so I could see it all. Hats off to The amazing talent on that stage.

See you in Charlotte!

Aloha,
Steve Smith (not the drummer)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:38 am 
Newcomer

Anybody know if there is an opening act on East Coast dates?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 am 
Newcomer

The Show was SO GREAT. :guitar :headbang Wish I could buy a CD of it. :mrgreen: And a Video as well. :mrgreen: And where is the set list? :? My girlfriend had to work. I found out the day of and she was already scheduled. :x Cant wait until the next one. :)