VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here. Steve and the band loves to read them

Vai.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 pm 
Newcomer

I just found this thread after posting my first post... I will let you know after tonight... but the last time I saw him, with G3 in Pensacola, Florida in 2003, he was pretty smokin', just about like you see in the DVDs, so I expect more excellency this time as well... :headbang

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:42 am 
Newcomer

This my second try.... lessee... it was indeed a blow-the-doors-off performance, we came, we saw, Steve conquered.... it was a club venue, pretty well packed, the show was skull-rattling loud, but nice and clear just the same, there was a brief problem with the sound to where Steve's guitar dropped halfway out, but it was fixed pretty quick... at one point they played Salamanders in the Sun.. one of my 'unsung' favorites from Flex-able. He also did a great acoustic version of 'Rescue Me or Bury Me'. He joked about playing for six hours somewhere in there and I wished he had, but he sure played plenty! Met Jeremy at the bar, very cool guy... of course he pounded the skins like crazy... Dave and Steve shredded in unison very impressively... wild moment... one of many. He even brought two kids up on stage to help him 'write' the jam song. He's good with kids.. the teacher in the performer making an appearance. The ecstatic response from the audience seem to take him aback, in a good way,... can you make Steve Vai cry? It almost looked that way for a second. He said "It wasn't that good!" And we were 'oh yes it was!' He brought out the lit-up space suit out-fit with the laser-grip never missing a beat in the song... there's so much to unpack from this show from out of my head onto the keyboard...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:55 pm 
Newcomer

It was an amazing show! I hadn't seen Steve play in 6 years so I was jazzed to see him play again.
I loved everything about the show. Steve and the rest of the band were fantastic!
I especially enjoyed the acoustic set. The set up for the Ultrazone song was so rad.
That was the coolest thing I had ever seen! It was such a thrill to hear all the songs both
old and new. I never cease to be amazed by Steve's commanding stage presence.
The crowd was just as mesmerized as I was throughout. Inviting fans to come up and participate in creating a song was really nice. I have been fortunate enough to have met Steve over the years.
He is very down to earth, kind, generous, and humble. I recommend seeing Steve live to everyone I know!
Once you've had the Vai experience, you'll be hooked for life! Listening to cds and watching DVDS doesn't
compare!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 am 
Newcomer

The DVD's give you an idea of what to expect, but oh yeah, nothing prepares you for the real thing! And in a wall-to-wall attendance club, Steve was right up close! He even let audience members actually grab the bar of his guitar and whammy that sucker! Never seen that before...