5 Dec 2012 Fall Tour - Newcastle City - Newcastle, UK

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
mach1andy

5 Dec 2012 Fall Tour - Newcastle City - Newcastle, UK

#1 Post by mach1andy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 am

Did you attend the show at Newcastle City? Please share your experience with us here:

ishootgigs
Newcomer

Re: 5 Dec 2012 Fall Tour - Newcastle City - Newcastle, UK

#2 Post by ishootgigs » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am

I shot this show, I'll post a full review and photos soon - but Steve was AMAZING.

Turbo jonny
Newcomer

#3 Post by Turbo jonny » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 pm

I loved every minute of it , everything I hoped for and more - he even played Sunshine Electric
Raindrops brilliantly. Sorry for those that missed it due to bad weather and traffic Chaos. My neck is sore from 3 hours of rocking !

Chris Yorke
Newcomer

#5 Post by Chris Yorke » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Wednesday 05/12/2012 will be a date that stays with me for life. It's the date that I finally realised a dream. I have been a huge fan of Steve Vai for 25 years now, and i'd still never had a chance to witness him live up until now. The weather was horrendous that night with snow and icy roads making a 15 minute drive turn into a 2h 45min ordeal......but I made it.
What can I say? Steve Vai surpassed all my expectations and hopes, putting on a show of pure inspiration and musical brilliance. Not only was he musically sublime, but also came across as a true gent and (unexpectedly) comedian!
A friend of mine also managed to get Steve to sign 'to Chris from Steve Vai' which I'll treasure as a memento from what was simply the gig of my life.
Worth the 25 year wait, and with all the snow and ice...well I would have walked it barefoot in the snow for a gig of that quality.
Thanks Mr Vai (if you ever happen to read this) My already great appreciation and respect for your music almost doubled that night.

I can't wait for the next one.

Chris Yorke