VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 am 

Did you attend tonight's show at den Atelier in Luxembourg? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 am 

Yes I did and it was soooooo great.
Today is Sunday morning and I feel really really good, and this is all thanks to the incredibly positive vibes from last night's gig. Steve Vai's shows are good to your health, everyone should see one ! ;)

As I said to Steve yesterday, it's been 20 years since I saw my first Vai show ('93 - Sex & Religion tour) and I saw each european tour ever since, and each one seems to be better than the previous ! How come, after seeing so many of his shows, I still experience surprise and all kind of jaw-dropping feelings ? It seems like Steve never falls short on crazy ideas, amazing back catalogue pickups in the setlist, and I also believe his chops are getting even better as each tour is going on. A true master of his art, really. And an incredibly powerful entertainer and showman.

Thank you Steve for everything during those 20 years. Your final annoucement at the end of the show when you thanked us all for being supportive was really moving, and I want you to know we feel the same way about you and your music. As a fan or simply an enthousiast audient, I feel blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy such a great artist.

(PS: I was flying when I heard "Rescue me or bury me" ! We didn't have it in 93, now 20 years after we finally got to hear it.
Same for "Frank", which I didn't think I would saw Steve play one day. He did yesterday and its performance was not only perfect, but also very moving. I cried, no kidding. It was THAT deep.)

(PPS: He played for 3 hours :) )