VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 am 

Did you attend last night's show at the Cvetlicarna Media Theatre in Ljubljiana? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am 
Newcomer

I was there.
It was the most beautiful day of my life. I was awesome.
I was standing at the first line, the music of Devin Townsend was playing. Then Steve Vai started to play. He was improvising as he slowly came in the stage. He wore a hat. He started to dance. He played a couple of songs. He threw some picks an I got one too :guitar :guitar (). Then there was a speech. He talked about how much he likes this place. He played for a while when hi amp blew. So on he played and I had tears in my eyes. Then there was the acoustic part. It was great too, also the harpist was great (but not loud enough). The there was the harp solo and Steve came back in a suit with Leds and lasers on his fingers and guitar. He played Alive in an ultra world which he recorded in Slovenia few yrs back. He switched guitars and then played a few more songs. Build me a song was there too and some dialogs with the drummer. Then he played for the love of god and another song. He thanked us and leaved.

He played EVO, XAVIA, one nameless, one black and the laser. Weiner was great and bassist too. The concert was epic.

It lasted three hours. It was the most beautiful three hours of my life. It was the most beautiful day of my life. It was the first time a see him in live, the tickets were cheap (30€), I bought a beautiful t-shirt. It was beautiful atmosphere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 am 

I was there also (second row). It was my first Vai concert, and probably one of the best days in my life.

Steve came out on the stage very shortly after the 21.00. He started with his (The Audience Is Listening) intro. Then he stopped and checked the people at the venue. He greeted in Slovene - Dober Vecher (I was blown away). After that, he played Racing The World. With the Velorum, he played a new guitar - XAVIA (scalloped and sustainer modded 7VWH-production model). Before Building The Church, he had a speech (as always), he talked how much the place changed from his last visit (it was renovated in the last year) and as already said - how much he liked the venue. In the middle of the Gravity Storm, the Legacies turned off. Thomas fixed the problem in a minute. They played the whole song again. Steve threw in a couple of jokes. He took a camera from a lady in the first row, took a picture of himself, and his "balls" and then he said: "Now, explain that to your husband!". Acoustic part was phenomenal. After the Rescue Me Or Bury Me his guitar went out of tune, so he had to change the guitar. He switched to a backup EP10, that had DiMarzio Angel pickup, and also slightly brighter and crispier sound. The band was great as always, but Deborah's volume was a little low. He thanked a few times in Slovene, and left with Lahko noch (Good Night).

Whole show was about three hours long, it was so amazing, that I was barely holding the tears. The atmosphere was full of emotions and Steve's music. It left me completely locked within the walls of Steve's music. I'm so there with my mind, that I couldn't even play the guitar. And you know that eye contact that he makes with few people? I was the one of them, he just couldn't stop looking at me. He also threw me a pick, but accidentally, it went too much right from me, so it fell on the floor and then some one else picked it.

I am looking forward for his next project, and I hope it won't last too much time, until he comes back.

Setlist:

Intro
Racing the World (EVO)
Velorum (XAVIA)
Band Intros
Building the Church (BO)
Tender Surrender (EVO)
Gravity Storm (Girly 1)

Dave's solo

Weeping China Doll (BRUNO Universe)
Answers (EVO)
The Moon and I (EVO)
The Animal (EVO)
Whispering a Prayer (XAVIA)

Deborah's solo

Acoustic part:
Rescue Me or Bury me (EP10)
Sisters (EP10 Angel)
Treasure Island (EP10)
Salamanders in the sun (EP10)
Pusa Road (EP10)

Jeremy's solo

The Ultra Zone (Emerald The Ultra Zone guitar)
Frank (EVO)
Build Me A Song (EVO)
For The Love Of God (XAVIA)

Encore:
Taurus Bulba (EVO)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:48 pm 

flo wasnt there/ gettin scared!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm 

The following day, Flo received new sustainer in Vienna, Austria. Now she has a black one.