VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:36 pm 

Did you attend last night's show in Padova? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 am 
Newcomer

An amazing show as always are the Steve's concerts !!!
About 3000 persons who saw Steve for about 3 hours of show in every minimum details.
Thank you Steve....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am 

I couldn't miss this one. It actually took me 15 minutes to get to the venue. Never had Steve come to play to a place so close to where I'm from before. I had seen Steve with G3 in July, but this is absolutely something else.
The show was a blast! Whenever I see him live I'm reminded of the difference between watching something on a screen and experiencing it while being there as it's happening. It's a whole other world. The energy, connection , involvement and the overall experience is beyond what can be recreated with words.
The setlist is absolutely amazing, every time I see a new tour I marvel at the great choice of songs being performed. But it's not just the songs, it's the way they're performed. Steve is still growing and evolving as a performer, and as you're watching the show you realize how he's raised the bar once again, like he's been doing since he started as a solo artist.
Since Beverly had left the tour a few days before, there was no opening act, but instead we got nearly three hours of Vai!! Answers was added to the set, too.
To me, the sound was perfect, I could even clearly hear Deborah's harp through the mix during songs like Velorum, Tender Surrender, The Animal, etc. The acoustic set is great, too. I really enjoyed Rescue Me or Bury Me, Sisters, and enjoyed Pusa Road live just as much as the original version on Fire Garden, if not even more. It's great to see Philip Bynoe back in the band, and in my opinion Deborah is a great addition, too. The band is really tight at this point, but they've been touring for the last three months of course.
The audience too was great: towards the end of the show there was a moment when everyone seemed to be rumbling their feet on the floor, you could hear the appreciation in the form of screams, clapping, and a big thundering of feet. So amazing!

If anybody is feeling hesitant about going to a show... don't hesitate! Go! You won't be disappointed, you will leave the venue feeling great!