9 Oct 2012 Fall Tour - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
mach1andy

9 Oct 2012 Fall Tour - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

#1 Post by mach1andy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am

Did you attend last night's show at the Regency Ballroom? Please share your experience with us here:

adnecs3
Newcomer

Re: 9 Oct 2012 Fall Tour - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco,

#2 Post by adnecs3 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:08 pm

That was one of the greatest shows in my life! And in addition my EVO experience tickets contributed to that much :)
So I arrived to the EVO experience shortly after we were led (6 people, I guess) to a lounge area where we met Steve. It was a very pleasant and relaxing experience that lasted for about an hour. Steve was very friendly and open, he answered our questions ranging from guitar geekish to spiritual... everybody got a share of his knowledge and thoughts.
Then he signed some stuff for us.
Ah, how could I forget! They brought EVO to us! It is quite an experience to see the instrument that has been inseparable with Steve for more than 20 years!

And let me boast a bit :) My wife, she is a designer and works with leather, hand painted a guitar strap for Steve. So he put it on EVO for the show!!! My wife, Anya, couldn't make it to Evo Experience but at the show, seeing it was a fabulous moment ever! You should have seen her gleaming!

The show was great, something you'd expect from a group of enormously talented people. Sound and light were very well balanced . The audience was exhilarated and I can understand why. And from being on many shows I can tell that they were really grateful for the perfect evening.

You can see some nice pictures from the EVO Experience here: anya-k.com/steve-vai/

P.S. Steve, I hope you liked the strap :)