VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 am 

Did you attend last night's show at The Pageant in St Louis? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 am 
Newcomer

I was at the show. I've been a big fan of Steve Vai for a very long time, but never had the opportunity to see him live before. I dragged my girlfriend with me and not only did I love the show, but she came out of that amazing performance as a new fan! It was clear Steve and the band really put a lot of hard work into giving a great performance. I only wish the crowd showed a bit more appreciation. But I think when you have a room full of music majors and guitar geeks -- it's hard for us to cheer when our jaws are on the floor. I really hope Steve Vai comes through St. Louis in future tours!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:04 am 

I was able to catch this show as well. I brought 3 young men with me, two 12yrs and a 9 yr old. This was their very first live concert. What a way to start off their concert memories!

The venue had a under 21 ( minor ) section and really did a great job making sure no adult beverages entered that section.

I’ve had the chance to catch Steve Vai a bunch of times over the years. This show was simply amazing as always. The guitar master just seems to get better each and every year. Not sure there is anything left for him to improve on, but each time you seen him your left awe struck.

The sound of the show was perfect. Very clear and balanced. Just loud enough to feel the notes and not overly ear piercing by any means.

Beverly opened the show and played for about 30 minutes. I did not realize she could play the keyboard so well. Her finger skills on the keyboard far outweighed her guitar work in my opinion. I wish she would have played more of her original songs. Covers are cool, but fans don’t buy tickets to a show like this to hear cover tunes.

Jeremy’s hard hitting drum work was spot on. Dave’s guitar magic was inspiring the entire night. Philip’s bass lines had the crowd grooving all night long. Deborah’s harp surprisingly fit in with each song very well. Who brings a harp on tour? Very cool…

The way Vai can take one note and bend it to the moon and back will never be matched. The heart and soul he puts into his music comes out so much more when watching him live. He hit the stage about 8:55pm and closed the show at 11:30pm. 2 hours and 35 minutes of pure jaw dropping brilliance!

Hope he comes back to my area some time soon.

I’ve posted a slide show of photos I captured at the St. Louis show 9/29/12 over in the photos section of this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 am 

Steve was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! :shock: :guitar :peace :headbang

This was my first Steve Vai concert ever, even though I've been a big fan for several years. This show proved to be one of the best concerts I've ever attended!!!! :guitar :headbang :peace Steve absolutely DAZZLED the fans with magnificent playing, fantastic energy, and excellent showmanship!!!!!! :guitar :guitar :peace :peace He communicated intimately with the audience, both verbally and nonverbally. I had the AWESOME experience of being in the front row, and saw every enthusiastic facial expression Steve displayed. :wink: 8) The rest of the band performed marvelously, also. :headbang The whole night felt truly magical!!!! :D This concert experience is one I will always remember with extreme joy, and I eagerly look forward to another Steve Vai show in the future!!!!! :guitar :peace