VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm 

Did you attend tonight's show in Quebec? Please share your experience with us here:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:18 am 

My wife and I went to the show and were completely amazed. Steve and the band played great, sound was spot on from where we sat, center in front of mixing board. Steve heard it was our honeymoon and gave us a nice gift and kind words. Thank you from the both of us. I will post pics and more after the honeymoon.

Rick and Nicole Allen :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 am 

My girlfriend and I were married on Friday Sept 14. We are from the East Coast of Canada and went to Quebec City for our Honeymoon. When we arrived at our hotel we noticed that it was also a theatre. On the billboard out front it said: Sept 17, Steve Vai. Well happy honeymoon to me! We checked into the hotel and went and bought tickets. A little while later we bumped into Deborah Henson-Conant. We chatted and she asked if we were going to the Evo Experience. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford that as we just paid for our wedding and honeymoon. She told us to look for her after the show and maybe she could introduce us to Steve.

So after a long wait in a long line, they let us in and we grabbed an awesome table right in front of the mixing board that was a little bit elevated so nobody would block our view. Beverly McClellan opened the show and was terrific. She interacted with the audience and sang great!! Short set though.

Steve and the band hit the stage and blew everybody away. Nearly perfect performances. Very entertaining, funny, and intense. When he asked who wanted to get up on stage to help write a song I jumped up but wasn't chosen, oh well probably for the best.:) At the end of the show he thanked us and said we were the best audience on the whole tour.

So after the show I ran up to our room and grabbed my guitar. I always bring my Jem on vacations!!! Went to the merchant booth and bought a tourbook. When Phillip, Dave, Deborah, and Beverly came out to greet us, we got autographs and photos and chatted a bit. Great bunch of guys and gals. We ermines Deborah about our honeymoon and she brought us back in the theatre. And after a few minutes of her doing her damnedest to get Steve to meet us, it happened. We were so excited, Steve came and talked to us, we discussed marriage, how beautiful Quebec City is, etc.. Then he happily took photos, signed my guitar, our tourbook, and a cd I bought for a gift for one of my groomsmen. Thank you Steve, for the concert, your time, generosity, and patience. And a huge thanks and a great big hug to Deborah!!! A great Honeymoon memory to have!!!!!!!

Last edited by RickAllen on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:23 am 

I am hoping this link works.

The wedding pic from last Friday.

More here:
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff23 ... ai%202012/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:17 pm 
VIP
VIP

Great story! Congratulations to the both of you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:26 am 

Fantastic! Congrats and best wishes for many years of joy to you and your lovely wife. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 pm 

Thanks for reading, and thanks to you Jenn!