13-14 November 2010 Alien Guitar Secrets- Guitar Nation 2010

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
mach1andy

13-14 November 2010 Alien Guitar Secrets- Guitar Nation 2010

#1 Post by mach1andy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:44 am

Did you attend this Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass? Please post your experience here!

IbanLoL
Newcomer

Re: 13-14 November 2010 Alien Guitar Secrets- Guitar Nation

#2 Post by IbanLoL » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 am

Hi !

It wasn’t really a “Alien Guitar Secrets” masterclass. Unfortunately, it wasn’t really well organized and for instance, instead of being in a separate room upstairs (like it had been announced by the Guitar Nation Staff) we were just next to the main exhibition with all its noisy stuff disturbing the masterclass.

It’s a pity because it was about recording, mixing and fitting different pieces of music, different instruments and tracks together so we should have had a really quiet room to be able to hear correctly what Steve attempted to show us.
Anyway I found that the organization of the entire exhibition could be improved a lot, but well, let’s see what they’ll do next year! (It was the duty of the Guitar Nation staff of course).

There was a second masterclass in the afternoon which was more general about the guitar and the music. Steve gave lots of advices and I was still learning from him even when he was just answering a “classic” question.
I really, and I always, like his frame of mind, philosophy and simplicity (without being simplistic obviously).

He really makes you go forward when you think sometimes you’ve reach your maximum or you don’t find the next way you need to follow.

Steve has been very professional throughout the day and he did very very well, even if there was a loud mess sometimes and in spite of the fact he was certainly very tired because of the trip as well. He still took time to take photos and sign guitars.
Some people could say “well, that’s normal, it is part of what he has to do sometimes” but no, that's not. Some artists just don’t care about all that stuff. Just thanking him is not enough so, Mr. Vai, thanks a lot!

By the way, sorry about that wood pick necklace, it was crap but well, you gave something to us so needed to give you back something. That’s what is natural (or should be) ;-).

See you, and thanks again for everything !

:headbang

Lo