4 July 2009: NPS The Vinyl Code Special, The Vainyl Code

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

4 July 2009: NPS The Vinyl Code Special, The Vainyl Code

#1 Post by Jeroen » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 am

Did you hear the the Vinyl code special on the 25th ann. of Flexable?

You can re-listen the podcast here:

http://devinylcode.radio6.nl/category/podcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please post your reviews here. Also, you can write your reviews and requests to Co de Kloet : devinylcode@nps.nl

Jeroen

pauldlr

Re: 4 July 2009: NPS The Vinyl Code Special, The Vainyl Code

#2 Post by pauldlr » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:08 am

Great show put on, thanks to those involved. Good to chat with everyone, hope Steve doesn't turn up just after I've left!
Will have to put the cd back in my car after that and give it a new airing :D

Seraphim

#3 Post by Seraphim » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 am

And I have delayed my trip to the mountains for a few houres just to listen the program and be among my friends in the chat room :P

Also, I'm going nearby a place call "Viavai".

Was really great to hear all the program with Steve comments about the songs (Alice Cooper... Attitude song...) and the thank yous from the SV fans :headbang

Also was really great to chat with all who were involved in this prodution :D

Thanks for the effort. See you all in October 2010 :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Polymnie

#4 Post by Polymnie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:32 am

Thank you for this delicious moment.
The enjoyment... What else
:D

EyE

#5 Post by EyE » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:43 pm

That was a good show. And it was nice to meet up with a bunch and talking in the chatroom. Haven't done that in a long time. I can't waite for october 2010 :)

cbr1000f

#6 Post by cbr1000f » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:26 am

This show was fantastic. Flexable (a first pressing vinyl copy!) was played during the show. Each song got an interesting informative & Vaiesque introduction by Steve.
Well all of you VAI-freaks should have been listening yesterday while being in the chatroom. But for those who couldn't make it: The mp3 is temporarily available (see Jeroen's initial post in this thread) AND I like to add some interesting things that have been said in the chatroom yesterday:

(18:01:58) codekloet: happy independance day... I am sitting in our window in sunny amsterdam with my laptop and I am thinking about 25 years ago when I started importing Flexable with my friend Menno....

(18:11:50) codekloet: by the way, this is the actual VINYL flexable you are all hearing.... first pressing,original cover, text sheet included.... what a great fucking album!

(18:22:51) codekloet: steve told me there will be a very special VINYL Flexable release this year to celebrate the show....180 grams.... of course our new show De Vinyl Code will cover that and world premiere it if Steve is cool, with that...

(18:25:36) vinvanengel: Seraphim wrote a nice congrets, like all the other guys and girls. Great support of our show.

(18:26:09) codekloet: Anyone interested in the 2010 plans???

(18:29:37) codekloet: I cannot go into detail but i am working, (I as in steve, I and some great guys from Holland)on a new orchestral happening October 2010...very different from the metropole stuff and a next step into the world of STEVE VAI, THE COMPOSER... it will include new music, for instance a classical saxophone quartet steve is writing in commission by NPS...and he will be perfoming too...actually, it will be sort of a 4 day festival...

(18:35:09) codekloet: seriously, you should all know that Vincent and I love doing this shit, but that it also the fantastic support of guys like Jeroen, Mikey, and PaulB that keeps us going!

(18:39:29) codekloet: keneally also wrote a saxophone quartet commissioned by nps...adn I am trying to have Mike with us in 2010 to perform vai piano reductions live... but nothing is definite yet!!!!

(18:47:20) codekloet: i really appreciate any comments and requests via this address devinylcode@nps.nl since the battle to keep good music alive is a tough one...

(18:53:26) codekloet: there is an orchestral score if thereissomethingdeadinhere laying in front of me and the only question is...can an orchestra play it???? I guess I know Just The Band (2010??)

(18:57:38) codekloet: listen friends, this hour was a treat!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE to leave right after the show, but please do stay in touch... mail us suggestions and requests at devinylcode@npsnl listen via http://www.devinylcode.nps.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (other shows are cool too) and thanx to paulB our hero...see http://www.myspace.com/devinylcode...." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.​. and if you want the postcard for free send me your postal address

I got this reaction from vinvanengel (the Vincent from "Vincent & Co) during the chat:
(18:29:15) cbr1000f: You Dutch guys have been supporting good music for quite some time! Thanks!
(18:30:13) vinvanengel: And be sure cbr1000f, we Dutch guys intend to go doing it until we drop.

Well if we want them to succeed to keep supporting good music, we'll all have to keep supporting these radio program makers too!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped making this show (and thanks for adding my message in the show :wink: )!!
Dirk 'CBR1000F'

PaulBDVC
Newcomer

#7 Post by PaulBDVC » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:12 am

Download (rightclick and save as) the show on:

http://devinylcode.radio6.nl/files/2009 ... ve_vai.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And visit the MySpace site to listen to some more Vai:

http://www.myspace.com/devinylcode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PaulB

Samuele

#8 Post by Samuele » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:51 am

Listening to the show and joining the chat room for that hour was a nice pleasure, and hearing Steve comment on each song was a blast too. Now those who didn't know and listened to it will now know why on most records it reads "Flex-Able" while Steve pronounces it "Flexible". I have to say it was equally great to hear Co read part of my message to Steve at the end of the program, also right before Steve Lukather! Go figure! Thanks Co. Also thanks for making the show available even after it was broadcast.

Finally, I take the opportunity to thank all the people who made this happen: Co, Paul, Jeroen, everyone involved in some way or another, and ultimately Steve, because if he hadn't made FlexAble available to the world, we probably wouldn't be here talking about it, right?

See you later, :)
samuele
Last edited by Samuele on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

R1FSR

#9 Post by R1FSR » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:52 am

HUGE thanks to everyone involved in making this show happen..and of course Steve,
the reason behind the show and the chat meet .
for those who missed it ..shame on you .Great to chat with some great people again,

Thanks to Vincent & Codekloet and PaulB for dropping into the chat and leaving us looking forward to something seriously special if it comes off....cant wait.