REVIEWS: 09 SEP 2007 - ANAHEIM, CA

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
stanman
Newcomer

The show was nothing sort of amazing. I had the privilege of being able to meet him and listen to discussion about his music, inspiration, and thoughts before the show and it was worth it. Anyone having the opportunity to do so (Evo Experience) will not be let down.

The show itself was incredible - the only words I have to describe it is that I definitely felt it in my inner ear...

Thanks to Steve for the pre-show discussion, his band for the blistering set, his crew for putting on the great show, and all others who made this a truly memorable night. Peace, love, and all that good happiness stuff.. :!:
stanman
Newcomer

avythe wrote:
How many people are in each EVO? Just wondering because I have a ticket for the EVO in Hartford..Paul
I didn't go to EVO, but I was told that there were about 40 people.
I was there, but didn't think to take a head count. The group was small enough to thoroughly enjoy it (roughly 40, like the other guy said). Check with the venue ticket office to see if you can get seats in front of Evo tix. the guy behind me (I was in the front row) said he got the best Evo seats, but were row #2 - not too shabby, tho (check out the pics from the 1st poster in the Anaheim pics forum). The seat assignments are up to the venue (according to The Grove box office), so they are likely to vary. Either way you won't be disappointed - if I'd've realized he was in LA the next day I'd've done it again!
keithroxx

As a lifelong fan, I have always been amazed by Steve's playing, however, I must say I was absolutely moreso impressed with the people that Mikey and Steve are behind the stage! Having the EVO experience and getting to hear Steve talk so passionatly about music, life, other people, etc. just brought home to me his patience and graciousness, and what a truely fine person he is.
He took time to really in depthly answer all of the questions durring the "meet and greet" and never gave pat answers and replies.

I called the Grove earlier in the week and they said "no guitars allowed" for autographs.
When Judy and I arrived, people were bringing in guitars, so she asked Mikey about that and he said "I'll see what we can do".
He later came up and gave us aftershow passes and said run home after sound check and then bring in the guitar for the aftershow.

Steve took certain care for a young fan who's house burned down loosing some irreplaceable Vai memorobillia. Steve took his address and told him he would send him something, but emphasied that "things, guitars, us, etc. are all going to be dust one day. But it's the fiber of your inner character, and who you are, and how you relate to other's that is the important thing to remember."
WOW! What a great lesson for an eighteen year old to hear!

I tell you these guys really care about their fans!!!!

Very great people indeed and very tireless as well!

God bless Vai and Company!
rockin' mom
Newcomer

Wow! What a great show! I attended the concert with my daugher and we were both blown away. The smaller venue made it more personal and you could tell, not only is he the best in his field, but he enjoys performing. The "meet and greet" was fun. After I met him, I realized "I'm talking to Steve Vai!!!" and started babbling like an idiot. But he was very friendly and polite and even got a kick out of the fact we share the same birthday. I can't recommend the show highly enough. It was the best concert I've ever seen.
FireComa

Someone mentioned a certain celebrity in attendance.......apparently her name was Christine. Who is she? Was she the girl Steve first walked up to at the aftershow?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

FireComa wrote:Someone mentioned a certain celebrity in attendance.......apparently her name was Christine. Who is she? Was she the girl Steve first walked up to at the aftershow?
That was Scheila from the Zappa band.

Not sure who the celebrity was, but they weren't at the aftershow.

Mikey
vai.com
EyE

FireComa wrote:Someone mentioned a certain celebrity in attendance.......apparently her name was Christine. Who is she? Was she the girl Steve first walked up to at the aftershow?
Or was it cnc74? lol :wink:
cnc74

Great show! I enjoyed the venue, but it was seated, and I always enjoy GA. It's tough being confined to a chair, and watching Steve with all that energy. :wink:
Superb performance by all members! Thank you all for the wonderful memories.
And yes, Scheila G from ZPZ was there. Great seeing her again.
FireComa

Was Steve playing part of "The Murder" with his feet?