REVIEWS: 24 OCT 2006 - Zappa plays Zappa MONTREAL, OC

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you attend this show?

Please post your reviews here!

Jeroen :)
vai.com
quebec
Newcomer

75 $ (x2) right before the show, this was sooooooooo much worth! WOW :D ! Simply amazing! *Quite too loud though with all 3 guitarists... :shock:*

Edit: By the way, my father decided to come too! This really music unifies generations! Bravo! Fantastique!

We're waiting for Dweezil & the band to come back! And for Vai! :wink:
Last edited by quebec on Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo VI
Newcomer

What an AWESOME show, simple astounding. I still can realize what just happened. Zappa's music is simply great and Dweezil Zappa surprised me with the incredible musicians he choose.

Steve was good too :P He was amazing !
Doc Mike
Newcomer

Went to the show last night. I went to the concert to see Steve play. Never really listened to Zappa before, but what an ear-opening experience. The band was awesome. And for Steve..........well, Steve is always out of this world. Definitely a must see.
Dan McAwesome

Damn, had I remembered the show in quebec, I may just of paid for a train ticket..damn...

- Dan
Nikkoe

THIS was AWESOME.

Sorry for this late reply, but the show was simply WONDERFUL! Anyone who's hesitating to go and see this, pay yourself this treat! It's definitely worth it!

The high of the night was certainly the guitar duo on Montana with Dweezil and Zappa. And also, what a character, that Napoleon Murphy Brock! Really added to the show. And Dweezil rocks!

Simply one of the best shows ever.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

From Tuesday night's show in Montreal:

http://www.zappa.com/zpz/videos.html

Enjoy,

Mikey
vai.com
brentm

Thanks Mikey,

More Trouble Every Day made the hair on my arms stand up. Excellent stuff....... *pouts about missing ZPZ*

-Brent
Mikey wrote:From Tuesday night's show in Montreal:

http://www.zappa.com/zpz/videos.html

Enjoy,

Mikey
vai.com
Picabo

Guys, I was there and that was probably the best show I ever saw! Incredible performances, great setlist, even a good looking girl in the band! How could we ask for more!

Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio on the same stage! It was a dream come true! Napoleon is so great and funny! And Dweezil did play a lot of crazy stuff on the guitar. Some stunt guitar parts I've never heard even Steve or Mike Keneally play.

Amazing show! :)
felixrock
Newcomer

STEVE...I KNOW YOU READ THE POSTS ON THE SITE SO I HAVE TO THANK YOU A LOT YOU AND ALL THE ZAPPA PLYAS ZAPPA MEMBERS NAPOLEON HAD GREAT ENERGY! :D YOUU STEVEYOU WERE JUST AMAZING :P AND THE SHOW WAS JUSTE THE BEST OF MY LIFE DWEEZIL IS AMAZING AND YOU ARRE ALL GREAT MUSICIANS ....

I AM 16 YEARS OLD AND MY PASSION IS MUSIC IST SINCE 4 YEARS IM IN MUSIC AND I PLAY GUITAR ANDD REALLY..ME AND MY FATHER LOVE SEING CONCERTS AND I SAW A LOT AND YOU ARE IN MY TOP 3 AND FOR THAT REASON TO THANK YOU OF GIVVING US THIS INCREDIBLE MUSIC TORUGH YEARS I WAITED FREEZING MY ASS BACK OF THE METROPOLIS TO MET YOU STEVE AND ALL GREAT MUSICIANS OF THE SHOW INCLUDING NAPOLEON AND TERRY BOZZIO AND JOE TRAVERS AND ALL THE BAND IT WAS JUST AMAZING AND I THANK YOU STEVE TOO GAVE ME THIS INCEDIBLE NIGHT AND TO HAVE BEEN SO GENTLE WITH ONLY A 16 YEAr CRAZED FAN THAT TAKED PICTURES WITH YOU AND ALL THE BAND AND SO I HAVE TO THANK YOU OF THIS AND TO BE SO A NICE GUY AND TALENTOUUS GUITARIST ...SO SCUSE MY ENGLISH CAISE IM FRENCH AND TAKE MY BEST AGGREEMNETS FOR THE SHOW AND KEEP GOING MAKING MUSIC SO BETTER SO THANK YOU AND I HOPE SEE YOU AIGAIN STEVE AND ALL THE ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA MUSICIANS AND IL HAVE TO SAY YOU THAT ONE OF MY GREATEST DREAM WOULD BE TO RETALK TO YOU STEVE ON E MAIL OR ANYTHING AND ALSO I WILL WORK DAY AND NIGHT AT GUITAR TOO SEE IF ONE DAY I CAN PLAY WITH YOU IT WOULD BE MY GRATEST DREAM AND MY DETERMINATION IN LIFE IS MUSIC AND I LOVE POEPLE LIKE YOU THAT STILL FEEL THE MUSIC ALSO I HOPE IF A DVD CAN GET OUT OF THE MONTREAL VENUE CAUSE IVE SAW IN FRONT OF ME A GUY FILMING THE SOW SO ILL WOULD BE GREAT FOR ALL THE MONTREALLERS TO HAVE A ZPZ MONTREAL DVD THE SHOW WAS JUSTE A DREAM AND JUST THINKING ABOUT IT ITS NEARLY MAKES ME cry... :P SOO JUST I HOPE SEE YOU AGAIN IN MONTREAL AND JUST LIKE MANY PEOPLE IN MTL ..... AND THANK TO NAPOLEON ,DWEEZIL ,JOE,STEVE AND THE OTHERS MUSCIANS TO HAD BEEN SO GENTLE ANS NICE AND TO HAVE TAKED TIME WITH US OUTSIDE WITH THE HORRIBLE FREAKING COLD! :lol: :)

Felix(the guy with the green paper that wanted the guitar pick ) :P ssoo for me and my father we thank YOU STEVE ..AND SO EXITED TO SEE YOU AIGAIN IN MTL KEEPPPP!! ROCKING!!!!! :twisted: