REVIEWS: 30 SEPT 2006 - The Cliff Show, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
cnc74

weiht wrote:Any idea if they r gg to release any dvd or cd on this? OMG, cant believe Steve actually played Tender Surrender. It like my favourite song of his, and I was convert once i heard it 1st time. Anyone knows why he hasnt been keen to play it in recent years?

When he was here in singapore 2 yrs ago, I was hoping he wld do it. Steve if you r reading this, PLS COME BACK AGAIN SOON!!!!!!!!
The show was audio recorded.
I remember Steve saying that he was playing "Tender Surrender" because it was one of Cliff's favorites.
Christin :wink:
-yasi-

cnc74 wrote:
weiht wrote:Any idea if they r gg to release any dvd or cd on this? OMG, cant believe Steve actually played Tender Surrender. It like my favourite song of his, and I was convert once i heard it 1st time. Anyone knows why he hasnt been keen to play it in recent years?

When he was here in singapore 2 yrs ago, I was hoping he wld do it. Steve if you r reading this, PLS COME BACK AGAIN SOON!!!!!!!!
The show was audio recorded.
I remember Steve saying that he was playing "Tender Surrender" because it was one of Cliff's favorites.
nice :D :D
brentm

I am curious if anyone (Mikey?) knows why Rob Balducci didn't play that evening. I saw him walking around talking to staff, was he there in another capacity?
cnc74

brentm wrote:I am curious if anyone (Mikey?) knows why Rob Balducci didn't play that evening. I saw him walking around talking to staff, was he there in another capacity?
I spoke to Rob via email when I got back home from LA. He told me that he wished he could have jammed, but he got on board too late. He's known Cliff for 18 years, and he was just glad to be there to help out.
brentm

Ah, yeah. If it wasn't for his conversation with another staffer, I'd have never known about the after-party 'upgrade'.

Thanks Rob and Staffer... where ever you are!
lester

wish i could come to see steve :cry:
laplaine

Thanks for the details, wish I could have seen this one. I'll be catching the Zappa tour in D.C. on 10/30, can't wait.
molan
Newcomer

I still can't remember that damn Zappa song that Steve & Dweezil played - it's been bugging me for months!

I have a stack of Zappa albums but there's so much material I haven't tracked it down yet - :oops:
litlgrnman

molan wrote:I still can't remember that damn Zappa song that Steve & Dweezil played - it's been bugging me for months!

I have a stack of Zappa albums but there's so much material I haven't tracked it down yet - :oops:
But you still have the melody going in your head? I can't recall what song it was either. Maybe some lucky soul out there has the setlist. I would love to know which song it was as well.

In any case, thanks for bringing back some great memories!!
marie
Newcomer

My husband and I sat at the table next to Cliff! Next thing you know it we were talking to Steve Via!:D
marie
Newcomer

Did you know that Cliff was to one who signed Steve on his first album?