REVIEWS: 30 SEPT 2006 - The Cliff Show, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
brentm

I managed to snap off about 40 pictures, after the Steve and the Breed played. Shiela from the ZPZ sat in for Tony and did some amazing work with her sax.

All the reviews are right on... this was an amazing show, and I feel very lucky to be able to attend. It was great to be able to get to know some Vai.com forumites (cnc74, litlgrnman, cosmos75, Mikey, jbstratman). I also met some other great people who may not be on the forum. All in all, it was truly a night to remember.

Now, if I'd only taken some pics of Steve's set, and the other folks playing guitar that night.

The guitar auction was great!

Here's one pic of Steve, and a link to the rest. Time to catch up some some sleep!

*MORE PICS*
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/i ... liff_show/

Last edited by brentm on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
litlgrnman

dude! are you kidding me!! sick ass pics for real! thanks for capturing that even though you were breaking the law!
Eutow

:cry:

[edit]

excellent pictures by the way.
-yasi-

oh man :( why couldn't i be there :(

those pics are awesome ;)

Christine, i can't wait to see your pics ;)
Ugur Dariveren

Amazing pictures Brent.
Thanks for sharing.

:)
EyE

Amazing reading all the reviews of this amazing night. Must have been great just being there! Read he played "Tender Surrender". That's a great song hearing it LIVE (don't you think Christin :wink: ). Think Steve was a little bit confused about the fact he hadn't played the song for 10 years. He played it in 2000 here in Holland. Don't mind, the guy can't imposible remember when and where he played every song he played Live!! And who cares right. He rules!! :wink:
jemgirl

is the show recorded on video?
btw, awsome pics brent! thank you for sharing!!
resha

Excellent pics Brentm, thanx a lot for sharing with us :P
guitarman13

Wish I could have been there :cry: Thanks for the great pics brentm!!
brentm

Glad you all enjoyed them. Wish I'd taken more... it was such a special night for us.

Here's a favorite of mine. I think I caught Paul Gilbert's eye with that red light on the front of my camera. Anyway, he was nice enough to make eye contact with me and smile.

-Brent
peoplemike
Newcomer

a) no video that i saw...security is tighter than at the airport at the house of blues. what a pity, my recorder stayed in the car :-(
b) don't wish to live in the US cause of shows like this. they're RARE, even in LA. plus you'd be governed by scum.
c) shame Gilbert left the stage for LaGrange...Billy said something to him, but he left anyway.
d) really appreciated that they took the time to have guests DURUNG their sets. really changed the dynamics...
cbr1000f

Cool pics even the phone pics in the other thread!
Thx
VAI05

You lucky dogs :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Prezidentman

EyE wrote:hink Steve was a little bit confused about the fact he hadn't played the song for 10 years. He played it in 2000 here in Holland. Don't mind, the guy can't imposible remember when and where he played every song he played Live!! And who cares right. He rules!! :wink:
He probably didn't meant that literally, probably just meant that he hasn't played it in a long time.
Cosmos75

WOW!! A GREAT CONCERT!! I am SO GLAD we decided to travel for this concert. Got to see such an abundance of amazing talent live on stage. And to be able to help Mr. Cultreri, who has helped to give us the music of Steve Vai!! A worthwhile effort indeed to, in Mr. Vai's own words, "change the quality of life" for Mr. Cultreri. I know that Mr. Vai's music has done that for me.

My wife and I got to meet Mikey again. My wife got as much of a kick of being to see Mikey again and hug him as she did out of the concert. Definitely a highlight of the day for her!!

And to the board members and other people we met while in line, it was great to finally put faces to the screen names!! To litlgrnman, cnc74, cnc74's sister (I'm sorry, I didn't get your screen name) and brentm, THANK YOU for making the time go by quicker with your wonderful company. Vai-fans rock! :headbang

I couldn't think of a better way to spend my first wedding anniversary!!
:D
Last edited by Cosmos75 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.