REVIEWS: OCTOBER 7 - MALMO, SWEDEN

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Moderator7VWH

Have you been to the show in Malmö, Sweden ?

Steve and the band would love to read your reviews.

Please post them here!

8)

Moderator7VWH
wadso_

I would love to review it but I'm still speachless... The best show EVER, it was magic in the air. I laughed, cried and all the time I couldn't believe my eyes! Steve Vai is the greatest guitarist ever and he's got one hell of a band too! But I wonder a thing, was that Bad Horsie he played? Because it sounded a bit wrong, still kickass though :wink:
GuitarMofo23

I am pretty sure he plays Midway Creatures for the "heavy metal" part of the show now instead of Bad Horsie. At least on the American tour he did.
wadso_

GuitarMofo23 wrote:I am pretty sure he plays Midway Creatures for the "heavy metal" part of the show now instead of Bad Horsie. At least on the American tour he did.
Okay.. I thought he played it wrong because my friend told me it was supposed to be Bad Horsie... But it doesn't seem very Vai-and-The-Breed-ish to forget how to play a song :lol:

By the way, has anyone got photos from the show? And I saw a lot of videocameras on stage, so there's gotta be a video to get somewhere... Does anyone know if and how to get that video?
ZrankFappa
Newcomer

Well what can I say? The show was basically the best thing that ever happend to me! It was a great set, lot of energy from the whole band. He played some material from Flexable and Sex and Religion which I didnt really expect, a sing along on Boy-Girl Song :D he played Rescue me or Bury Me and sang on it and he played lots of great songs from his later stuff including his latest album which has some really really good material on it. His solos were emotionall!
After the show I actually met him and got my ticket signed and asked about G3 with John McLaughlin and he said "I sure hope so". I asked him if he could play Moggio next time :twisted: and he told told me how he would get nervous before playing it because it had some very hard parts in it and that he got the same feeling when he listened to it the other day.
I saw him with G3 in Copenhagen last summer but the sound was absolutely terrible, all I could hear was bass and I forgot my earplugs. It was heart breaking. Seing him close up and actually hearing what he played and meeting him after the show and talking to him was just unreal. Also the fact that came to play in our relatively small town and for the first time ever and played in a small venue like KB...I'm just eternally greafull for this experience! :D
Claus P

:guitar I’m still in a bit of shock after the concert at KB in Malmoe Friday night. First of all because I was one of the 3 (oh yes) that attended the EVO thing and secondly because the concert was as great as could have been expected. I attended also the Copenhagen concert Tuesday, so seeing and hearing Steve play twice in a week gives you a kick for a very long time.
The EVO Experience was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me, who has followed Steve during the last 25 years (I’m 49). Meeting him, talking with him, having a laugh with him and hearing him play especially for the three of us (a Swede, a Norwegian and me the Dane) can’t be described – you’ve got to experience it. We had a 75 minutes talk (included holding EVO it self), about 1 hour of sound check where they recorded a new piece of music (I tell you it makes you shake) and finally hang around and talk with the band, technicians and Mikey before, while and after they were eating.
The concert in KB, that’s a very small venue, was great; full of energy (Jeremy & Billy are incredible) and sensitivity (for example Lotus Feet, Ftlog, Whispering). The setlist was more or less the same as in Cph and in the mayor part of the European tour. Every thing was high class in every way. That includes ‘The Freak Show …’. Steve told us they had finished the practise of it during the European tour, so now they can put it on the set list – enjoy it, guys! About the camera on the stage: they record every show (as I understood it they will release a dvd of the tour).
Finally – Thanks to Mikey (the Evo responsible, camera man and diplomat) who really makes things roll smoothly and to perfection; to my two EVO colleges Gustav and Erik; and to the band (you’re great) and of course to the master behind it all Steve: Keep on playing and recording your divine music.

Mikey has written on the homepage that Steve’s not going to tour for some years now and Steve said the same thing to the 3 of us during the talk, so you people all around Europe: buy your tickets for the concerts or especially for the EVO Experience where it’s still possible.

By the way - Steve signed also a drawing made of my 7 year old daughter who's crazy about certain of his tunes. Now she loves her dad more than ever. Thanks so much, Steve.

Enjoy the rest of the tour - Claus, Denmark :D :D
ballerina
Newcomer

Great to read your reviews as I couldn´t go to the concert myself, as I didn´t get vacation.
wadso_

Claus P wrote:About the camera on the stage: they record every show (as I understood it they will release a dvd of the tour).
Well, that's great, but it probably means that it's gonna be kinda hard to get the whole show? I mean, they will probably not release all his shows on the tour... :x
Mikey has written on the homepage that Steve’s not going to tour for some years now and Steve said the same thing to the 3 of us during the talk, so you people all around Europe: buy your tickets for the concerts or especially for the EVO Experience where it’s still possible
FAN JÄVLA SKIT! :x :P That means that I missed my maybe only chance in my whole life to meet Steve :evil:
Olje

Claus P wrote::guitar I’m still in a bit of shock after the concert at KB in Malmoe Friday night. First of all because I was one of the 3 (oh yes) that attended the EVO thing and secondly because the concert was as great as could have been expected. I attended also the Copenhagen concert Tuesday, so seeing and hearing Steve play twice in a week gives you a kick for a very long time.
The EVO Experience was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me, who has followed Steve during the last 25 years (I’m 49). Meeting him, talking with him, having a laugh with him and hearing him play especially for the three of us (a Swede, a Norwegian and me the Dane) can’t be described – you’ve got to experience it. We had a 75 minutes talk (included holding EVO it self), about 1 hour of sound check where they recorded a new piece of music (I tell you it makes you shake) and finally hang around and talk with the band, technicians and Mikey before, while and after they were eating.
The concert in KB, that’s a very small venue, was great; full of energy (Jeremy & Billy are incredible) and sensitivity (for example Lotus Feet, Ftlog, Whispering). The setlist was more or less the same as in Cph and in the mayor part of the European tour. Every thing was high class in every way. That includes ‘The Freak Show …’. Steve told us they had finished the practise of it during the European tour, so now they can put it on the set list – enjoy it, guys! About the camera on the stage: they record every show (as I understood it they will release a dvd of the tour).
Finally – Thanks to Mikey (the Evo responsible, camera man and diplomat) who really makes things roll smoothly and to perfection; to my two EVO colleges Gustav and Erik; and to the band (you’re great) and of course to the master behind it all Steve: Keep on playing and recording your divine music.

Mikey has written on the homepage that Steve’s not going to tour for some years now and Steve said the same thing to the 3 of us during the talk, so you people all around Europe: buy your tickets for the concerts or especially for the EVO Experience where it’s still possible.

By the way - Steve signed also a drawing made of my 7 year old daughter who's crazy about certain of his tunes. Now she loves her dad more than ever. Thanks so much, Steve.

Enjoy the rest of the tour - Claus, Denmark :D :D
You're right, Claus.

When I look at my EVO-snapshots, I can feel the emotion again from EVO Copenhagen (we were also only 3 guys!!!!).

It was so great an experience - and again you're right Claus: it's once in a lifetime!!

(I'm 46, so it's not just for youngsters :D )

Again: love to Steve and Mikey - and off course the rest of the guys.