VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Vote for your Favorite entry.
Poll ended at Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:26 am
Ugur Dariveren: Improvising on a backing track 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Legbur: on a bitch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Guitzilla: Loop De Looper 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
R1FSR: NO TITLE 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
aclone: I used to belive true love was something that was ment to be 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
Abhishek: Mice Party 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Evai: Backtrack Soloing time! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
JorgeOliveira: Bufalo Preto 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
John Sykes: The Little Italian 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
slash89: Under The Burning Sun 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Animal 06: Never Leave 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Zebula77: Wacky Sh*t 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
-yasi-: Tender Storms 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
theollieb: 2 Hour Delay 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
theshredgod: Neocity 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Deyo: Brale Mortale (walz for Jason) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
mgrande: Skeleton Jack 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Rachmaninoff: The Suicide of Frankenstein 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
dtguitar: Spanky 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:05 pm 

heres mine........

i dont know what song to enter, so you guys be the judge on which one you want to enter...i personally like "mission to mars" and "its about life" or "chromega complexity".....but you guys choose.....

www.soundclick.com/bryank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:46 am 

My vote's for 'The Little Italian' - nice tone, controlled professional playing and a nice, catchy song. really good stuff. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:23 am 

bkornaker1977 wrote:
heres mine........

i dont know what song to enter, so you guys be the judge on which one you want to enter...i personally like "mission to mars" and "its about life" or "chromega complexity".....but you guys choose.....

Sorry dude. no more entries, only votes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:37 pm 
Newcomer

Ok, this is almost to must even for an 34 year old guy like me!! WOW see the votes!

Thanks everyone who has voted on me, its deeply appriciated!§!

Peace

(A((C))LONE)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:21 pm 

Hey man you killed my entry :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:40 pm 
Newcomer

I am very youthful inside right now!!!!!!

And on saturday the band is having our first real rehearshing!
To hear the sound of the songs live for the first time, is going to very strange and wonderful at the same time!

And my son is playing in the band to!! hes 15, and plays the stuff you hear!

http://myspace.com/acloned

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm 

leigh01 wrote:
bkornaker1977 wrote:
heres mine........

what a buzz kill........

how come me and Cesar Huesca were not included in this lineup?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:55 pm 

aclone wrote:
And my son is playing in the band to!! hes 15, and plays the stuff you hear!

Peace
*sniff* that's adorable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 am 

bkornaker1977 wrote:
leigh01 wrote:
bkornaker1977 wrote:
heres mine........

what a buzz kill........

how come me and Cesar Huesca were not included in this lineup?

Well Cesar never entered.
and unfortunately you just entered too late, all entries were meant to be in by the 30th of september. and this thread began on the 22nd of August. so you were given over 1 month to enter.
this week is just the vote for your fave entry.
There will probably be another competition sometime in the future. :)

Post subject: my 2 cents
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:33 pm 
Newcomer

ok , I listened to the entries and hear are my thoughts as I listened. these are not in any particular order. Man, everyone is a 'guitarist' here that I heard in different phases of development. I tried to provide constructive criticism as I do when I hear myself playing. very cool!!!

All in all, its kind of like the special Olympics, were all winners duughhhghhduuhahnoiroieiwwheeeeeeeee....... :roll:

Ugur Dariveren - Muziktek 0807ForumCem (jamming on backing track)
--------------------------------------
Production quality -excellent, great playing, guitar licks, good rhythm, sounds too much like vai, I also here some satriani in there, again, hard to put finger on original guitar style, great chops though, pro sounding, good lead ideas
overall: entertaining/well done

legbyur=on a bitch
-----------------------
production quality, well its you tube, composition none, guitar sound kind of sloppy, technique good, keep at it and try to develop your own style
overall:learning, work in progress

Brian Allicks-loop delooper
------------------------------
production quality-good clean sound, interesting ideas for loops, would suggest on looping guitar parts with different tones would make it more interesting, playing is ok, good timing
overall: expand on compositions/tones/interesting ideas

R1FSR- no title
-----------------
production quality- could be a bit better, but pretty darn good, great sense of melody/"song writing", I hear a lot of joe satriani melody wise, hard to put finger on original style, soloing chops are really good, great sense of timing as well, technique is very good
overall: great sense of melody/entertaining/pro composition

(A (C)lonE)-I used to believe true love was something that....
-----------------------------
production quality- ok, but there is a distinct hum and hiss throughout the recording, interesting ideas for acoustic, some things sound like possbile errors here and there,but not too noticble, rhythm does not change throughout would be cool if it did), also there are some distinct tuning problems in a couple of places, lead could be mixed a little higher as it gets covered by the rhythm in places, ideas could be developed a little more into a really cool instrumental.
overall:cool, interesting ideas, there is not much variance in the piece

Abhishek -mice party
---------------------------
production-very good, clean recording, can't complain about originality here, drums fit this piece because its strange, very good composition, guitar is limited to rhythm, no lead chops
overall: entertaining, very original, lacks a lot of Backing track, no Soloing, good composition wise

EVai-Backtrack Soloing time
production quality- pretty good, needs a better mix, need better drums, consider using drum samples or better drum machine (or mix the drums louder so you can hear the bass drum/snare rather than a thin cymbal sound),recording has no bass guitar which could be useful), good rhythm metal guitar, timing is good on rhythm, guitar solo wise, interesting ideas, maybe back off on the whammy bar a bit, lots of riffs, decent chops, maybe work on developing your own style and think a bit more of developing melody/voice on the guitar wise to connect these soloing ideas together
overall: holds much promise, keep at it, develop your own style/voice and think a bit more about melody

JorgeOliveira-bufalo preto
production- ok, consider miking an amp, sound is very "direct to board" sounding and very solid state sounding, however, this sounds like a work in progress, keep at it and it sounds like you could develop into a fine player, I would recommend working with a drum machine to get your rhythm down a bit tighter and also work on developing your song ideas, work on melody and developing your own style/voice
overall: work in progress, time will tell

Krister Karlson - the little italian
----------------------------------------
Production quality- pro, playing -pro, great chops , Ideas, semi pro to pro. Drums could be a bit more realistic, sounds a bit too much like vai solo wise, great ideas, well implemented, great chops,
overall: the little italian that kicks ass, chops, great composition, some solos just a bit too vai sounding

slash89-Under The Burning Sun
--------------------------------
production quality-you tube, work in progress, good chops, good ideas, would be cool to develop them into recordings with drums, bass and so on, this would help develop your song ideas, good riff ideas, perhaps learn to use "space" a bit better, but playing with background would develop this, and some of those riffs are downright frightening, hope to hear this developed into your own style and your own voice on guitar
overall:good riffs , technique, interesting to hear developed song ideas with backing, maybe use of space would be more evident

Rob Bishop/animal 6- never leave
-----------------------------------------
production-very good, acoustic composition is good, melodic, the second riff could be timed a bit better it seems a bit rushed, good acoustic lead 'riffing', interesting ideas, more reverb on piano would give a more haunting effect, needs to be developed just a bit more
overall: good compositional ideas, acoustic soloing was clean, need to develop idea bit more, but good at creating mood

Zebula77Tom anderson - Wacky Shoite
production quality very very good, but could be a little bit better, lead guitar sounds 'far' away boxy' a bit, maybe because its an mp3, great playing, great chops, interesting/original ideas as well, sometimes sounds too much like vai, I hear some satriani in there too, sadly, hard to put finger on an original guitar style,good use of tones
overall: entertaining/very good/original compositional ideas/well done

-yasi- tender storms
-----------------------
production quality- very good, could be mixed a bit better,great compositional ideas, good use of multiple guitar parts to create complementing parts, chops are ok,some good leads but a bit hidden by the mix,hard to tell, but good use of melody
overall: entertaining, good use of melody and multiple guitar parts, good composition ideas, could be developed more and more lead chops

theollieb-2 hour delay
production quality - you tube, work in progress, good to experiment with delays, work with drum machine and develop you timing, which is the key to working with delays many times
overall: learning and work in progress

Nick Bowley-Neocity
---------------------
production quality- excellent,maybe a tiny bit more bass in recording (or bass guitar sound), great compositional ideas, good guitar tones,leads are a bit too satriani influenced, excecuted well, clean technique, is excellent ,maybe wo9rk on developing your own style/voice on guitar
overall: cool ideas, great execution/timing, interesting compositional ideas

Deyo- Brale Mortale (walz for Jason)
------------------------------------
production quality- excellent,clean recording, interesting original ideas, very good chops in an 'acoustic' electric way, some of the stops are a bit abrupt, sometimes sound like guitar has been sped up a bit, good chops
overall: very original, entertaining/good chops/good use of melody

mgrande-Skeleton Jack
------------------------
production quality- excellent, good mix, drums, good melodic ideas, good soloing chops, solo could come up in mix just a bit,good solo, perhaps could be worked in to the melodic ideas a bit more,good rhythm guitar,good use of effects to change guitar tone, maye could have some more different sounding sections, very satriani style composition
could be a bit more original,but very solid and pro sounding
overall: entertaining, good composition, melodic, perhaps could have sections that sound a bit more 'different' a bit,perhpas a soft section to let the listener catch his /her breath and space things out a bit more) good

Rachmaninoff-The suicide of Frankenstein
-------------------------------------------
production quality- very good, very melodic,weeping guit!! Interesting ideas, could be made more interesting with multiple guitar parts( rythmn and lead),good idea lead wise
overall: neat idea, good leads, would like to hear it expanded with
multiple harmonizing and complementing guitar parts (rhythm and leads)

me
---------
special olympics water boy :? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:51 pm 

Wow thanks dtguitar! That's actually incredibly helpful advice. I never thought of a drum machine lol. Technology is two steps ahead of me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:03 pm 

Wow.......thanks dtguitar for taking the time to listen to everything an comment 8)

Unfortunately my soundcard is screwed......and theres no sound in my pc......so i cant make up my mind as to who to vote......btw how many hours left till the completion of the deadline?.....i may hit the cyber cafe to take a listen to the songs and vote...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 am 

Quote:
JorgeOliveira-bufalo preto
production- ok, consider miking an amp, sound is very "direct to board" sounding and very solid state sounding, however, this sounds like a work in progress, keep at it and it sounds like you could develop into a fine player, I would recommend working with a drum machine to get your rhythm down a bit tighter and also work on developing your song ideas, work on melody and developing your own style/voice
overall: work in progress, time will tell

Thanks ... i will work the song...:( n mutch time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:36 am 

Abhishek wrote:
btw how many hours left till the completion of the deadline?.....i may hit the cyber cafe to take a listen to the songs and vote...

I cant say exactly how long youve got, but probably (uk time) about 30 hours from now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 am 

leigh01 wrote:
Abhishek wrote:
btw how many hours left till the completion of the deadline?.....i may hit the cyber cafe to take a listen to the songs and vote...

I cant say exactly how long youve got, but probably (uk time) about 30 hours from now.

K.....i think i'll make it then :).......btw is there any prize for lowest votes? :D :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next