VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 am 
Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I'm Bryan from Rhode Island. I've been a huge Steve Vai fan since seeing him way back in 1986 and many times since then. I remember a tour in Boston about ten years ago when Steve made a hilarious assesment of his modern audience being more of a "sausage fest" compared to the DLR days.

I only play Steve's music (Alcatrazz, DLR, Whitesnake, and solo stuff) and Van Halen. I don't have any Ibanez guitars because I love my Ernie Ball Music Man guitars and I sold off my other guitars to fund more Balls. I've never actually owned an Ibanez since I don't like flat necks. My go-to guitar right now is my ebmm Luke III. The tremolo is floating, but non-locking, which is fine because of the locking tuners on the guitar. It stays in tune now matter how much I play like Steve :wink:

I am about to start working on a very Vai-ish project guitar: an ebmm Albert Lee which I am having modified to suit my needs. I will post pics and details as it has not arrived at the guitar shop yet. I'm having it shipped directly to the shop because if my "mom" sees UPS bring me a guitar at this time of year, I will be in trouble... Note: my "mom" is what I call my wife when she tries to spoil my fun. :mrgreen:

My amplifiers are all half-stacks: a 1982 JCM 800, which I've owned for over 20 years; a Gibson Super Goldtone, which is amazing; a Roccaforte custom (as seen in my avatar); and, I am about to order a Carvin Legacy III, in Vai green, of course.

- Bryan

p.s. - Tollie is pronounced "Tah-lee". My music room is called: Tollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 pm 

Hey Tollie ! How is it going, man ?

A very warm welcome to you here in the forum ! Some of us have been around for centuries, and some are quite new.
Unfortunately there's not much going on for some time now, but we've got some really nice members !

I really like your enthusiasm ! Hope you enjoy this forum !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 am 
Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome...

Here's a link to my very Vai-ish transformation of my ebmm Albert Lee:

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/57644-another-epic-transformation-another-pink-ernie-ball-music-man.html

I tried to post pics here, but they were too large...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:09 am 

Hahah, man, Pinkbert must be a really fun guitar to play on !

Is the sound any good ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:22 am 
Newcomer

precario wrote:
Hahah, man, Pinkbert must be a really fun guitar to play on !

Is the sound any good ?

She sounds amazing. The very midrangey Gravity Storm is a nice way to smooth out the brightness of a maple neck. The Sustainiac is super fun. Music Man make the nicest guitars, in my humble opinion.

I just started learning The Reaper, by Steve Vai. I plan on making my first youtube video of that song soon. I'll let you know.

Thanks for responding to my posts.

- Bryan