Login with a social network:

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 am 
Newcomer

I know it's been 2 years since YouTube removed this video following a copyright claim filed by Steve Vai/Light Without Heat. First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the situation created, as I never intended to infringe any of content that you or someone else do own.

Also, I want to inform you that I never did receive any material or moral benefits (except for the large number of views, which was kinda pleasing) and I will never try to monetize something that is not in my rightful property.
I know that you may consider this request as being audacious, but I would like to ask you if you may persuade YouTube to remove their copyright strike on me. I am not talking about retracting the copyright notice or making this video available again. No, all I want is not to loose my YouTube account. Hence the copyright strike received, I am at that risk.

In the end, I would like to make a proposal, and I know that you may consider this one even more audacious, but I will try: may I submit this video to you (or at least it's audio part) so that you can upload it on your account? In the short period when this video was available, it had received so much positive feedback from YouTube listeners. I am convinced it will not do any harm to anyone if you upload it yourself, on your own channel, with your own trademark and all that kind of stuff. I do not want here any kind of recognition or affiliation, I just want Steve's fans have their marathon back, since they loved it more than I ever could imagine.

With best regards,
Celtrix