VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BiPolar Mood Disorder
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:15 pm 

Greetings,

I'd watched the DVD of the Story of Light and I was quite interested to know about Steve Vai's own encounter of his manic depression aka BiPolar Mood Disorder.

I was diagnosed with one, however...unfortunately I found out that the doctor had misdiagnosed me. Been off medication for two years and I am as happier as ever! Actually the medication itself was the reason for my depression since the doctor had wrongfully diagnosed me with one.

with the recent aftermath of Robin Williams, I'd really hoped that Mr Vai Himself would share with us how he had coped with his depression and how he'd actually came up with a great record (The Story of Light) that reflected this illness and I am more than happy if he would advise us as of how to cope with this situation like he did.

Thank You

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:30 pm 

Thing is, I think he's covered it fairly well already. In the DVD, and in a couple of interviews. I'm not sure what else he can add.
As far as battling, healing and keeping on after/through depression (in all it's varied forms...)... that's a very individual thing, as everyone is wired differently. What worked for me, may not be the same as what worked for Steve, or what can work for you might be totally wrong direction for someone else.

Same for coping with the aftermath of someone admired suddenly gone. Any time a celebrity passes, there is of course a widespread mourning, but each person's way to cope is going to be unique, as each of us have our own memories/experiences of that person. We can find sympathy in each other, but ultimately, the way we cope is our own.
For myself, I remember the movies I loved with Robin. I remember the laughter and the Heart in those roles he played.

I mean, it's always inspiring and interesting to see what Steve has to say on different things, and I'm not saying I wouldn't read/watch something he might have to say on the subject of depression or the passing of Robin Williams, but ... I have my coping mechanisms, he might well have very different ways. And what works for one might not be what works for another.

All that said, I'm not sure Steve is one to post on that, very much.
He has discussed the depression thing, and mourning is often a rather personal thing for a lot of people...

Just my view, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 pm 

Hi, it´s me Raquel Palomo , I want to talk about my own experience I had problems with a depression and I was in the psichiatrist but not only for this, I used to talk with dead people and I had telepaty and clarividence and saw aliens, doctors always said that it wasn´t real and they gave me something that made me ill, after all this I learned reiki. When I learned reiki I noticed that what was the secret of happiness, medication and doctors are shit, we need more spiritual things in our live, here we are all disconnected of the energy of the world and with the rest of the people, I learned how to meditate and how to reiki, reiki is a japanese technique for healing with hands and it works healing all illness and making you happy, meditation helps for the same and for being more concentrated and memory and for knowing better us. I used to send reiki to Steve for healing him and taking care of him and knowing that he´s always happy and with good health. Steve came to me, it was my intuition or clarividence, one day I was at facebook and I saw a video of stevie ray but I didn´t read stevie ray I was thinking in his name, Steve Vai and I searched his name and I saw a wonderful video of the crying machine and fell in love, I was wondering if he´ll come to play to my city and I searched on google and he was coming the next week, I didn´t believe it after buying the ticket, I really liked him playing and I saw his aura while he was, I sent reiki to him, I knew that he was someone special, very very special and maybe he needed my reiki and my help as I needed his love and his music, I can´t stop watching him playing how special he is, I fell in love, I´d like to kiss him now

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm 

and only one more thing mental disorders aren´t real, system created them for earning more money with their shits of medications, they are destroying the life of some kids and teenagers with all this but they only want money nothing more, doctors career is created by the farmaceutic industry is not a real career for helping people sometimes, it´s always better searching for spiritual help, learning reiki or some homeopatics suplements, maybe he needed some suplements for his brain, he shouldn´t use drugs for playing but he was using for a long time and he´s still using but he shouldn´t, I´ll send him my love always because he´s very special

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm 

I created a new topic you´ll find here the information that you need psiquic powers, reiki, meditation and Steve Vai´s energy