...Good Happiness Stuff...

For miscellaneous discussion not covered by the sections above. Not for music, gear, or any discussion related to Steve. Although this forum is for miscellaneous discussion, please stick to the topics posted.
Jenn Pix

Re: ...Good Happiness Stuff...

#556 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 pm

A something rather awesome thing that happens in the cancer center in the hospital i go to. When a chemo patient gets their last treatment, they ring some bells to celebrate their last treatment.
And when the rest of us hear those celebratory bells, we all applaud and congratulate that patient.

And today, while I was getting my own treatment, drop by drop, I heard a lady ringing her celebration bells and giving a little bit of a 'whoop. And as we all applauded and congratulated her, I started feeling kind of emotional.
Feeling glad for her, but it seemed suddenly like it was more...

That victorious ringing and whoop was not just for herself. That was a call to us all,
"I made it through this! You can do it, too! We can all get through this! We are stronger than this disease, and we are strong enough to get through these chemo treatments!"

NOW, she may not have been thinking of it that way, but that's what I suddenly felt. Every bell, every success is a call to the rest of us.
We are strong enough. We are stronger than we ever knew. And we can do it. WE CAN DO IT! WE CAN SUCCEED!!!

And it goes beyond that. Not just physical disease, we can overcome any obstical that tries to take us down. We may have to fight like a rabid hell-hound, but we can do it. We can get through, and we can come out on top. We can dig deep, but we can do it.

So anyone here, if you find yourself in an impossibly difficult situation, if you try to look at it all, and it seems like too much, just remember, you truly are so much tougher and stronger than you knew. You CAN get through it. One step at a time. One small success at a time. One chemo treatment at a time. Until you are the one ringing the bell of your own success, telling the rest of us

"I made it through the storm! You can do it, too!"

Whatever your struggle... keep going. You'll ring that bell before you know it. I believe in you. In all of us.
I believe we will all be ringing our bells.
And I love you all, and all your personal bells.

Jenn Pix

#557 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:54 pm

... anybody here?

Jenn Pix

#558 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 am

WillardMorin wrote:“The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.”
Ashley Montagu
That is beautiful, thank you 8)

ruger9
Newcomer

#559 Post by ruger9 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:50 am

Great post. Sorry I'm late, I haven't been here in awhile. Life gets busier, and the "recreational" stuff starts falling by the wayside.... just lack of time.

But a wonderful post. There's been alot of death around my wife and I these last 2 years, it happens as you grow older, and your post's uplifting message was greatly appreciated. I hope if I find myself in a similar situation, I can remain as positive and hopeful as you.

Good luck & God Bless