...Good Happiness Stuff...

For miscellaneous discussion not covered by the sections above. Not for music, gear, or any discussion related to Steve. Although this forum is for miscellaneous discussion, please stick to the topics posted.
Jenn Pix

Re: ...Good Happiness Stuff...

#496 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri May 15, 2015 7:46 pm

ImageAww, thanks Seraphim! 8)

Jenn Pix

#497 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:09 am

Birds are chirping. Chipmunks and squirrels are playing in the yard. Got a few bees checking out the flowers. And a hummingbird at the feeder.
Sometimes it's the little, "ordinary" things that give me the warmest smile. I love moments like this, just some quiet time to watch these little things.

Don't forget to take a moment while drinking your morning coffee, or perhaps during your lunch... to just look around and appreciate the little things.

Jenn Pix

#498 Post by Jenn Pix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:59 am

It's Father's Day tomorrow, and I'm thinking of my dad.

I remember curling up on his lap when I was little. He was comfy for a little bitty me to cuddle. I also remember having to 'share' his lap with the dog, sometimes, LOL :roll: :lol:

He is the one who got me feeding the birds... We would get large bags of seeds for the feeder, and we'd fill it up and watch the birds. How some would perch and eat right from the feeder, some would go around the ground under the feeder, and of course, the squirrels! *and the constant "battles" trying to keep them from stealing all the seeds... and watching amazed at how those squirrels got around anything we did, LOL. :lol:

He helped me learn how to ride a bike, and he'd always fix it for me if the chain slipped.

He had a 'shop' down in the basement, and he made a lot of frames for pictures and my mom's needlework, he also built a large toy-box/book case for me, and it was so big that I could play in it! (When I was a kid, anyway, LOL)

I got some of his "green thumb", he had several plants that he liked to care over, and I remember the roses he fussed over, a few small fruit trees we got (though we had to move before they matured enough to start growing any fruit...)

He took me to the ice rink for skating lessons, early mornings. And I used to think it was magical that he'd always have a cup of nice hot chocolate right when I got off the ice! Of course, he knew how long the lessons went, and he'd get the chocolate just before they ended, but I didn't think about that when I was little, I just knew that he'd always have a cup for me, just slightly steaming, right as I was getting my skates off.

And lots of little moments... so many that make me smile.
Sure, we had our fair share of friction... he'd get angry over something I did, I'd get annoyed that I had such an "un-cool" dad (teenage years, LOL!)
But he was my dad. And I love him still. And I know he loved me, too.

I miss him, but I'm where I can think about him, and smile.
Love you, dad.
Happy Father's Day. Image Image

Jenn Pix

#499 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:56 pm

LOVE WINS!!!! ImageOh Myyy

Yesterday morning (June 26th), a Supreme Court ruling has made same-sex marriage a right in all 50 states! LOVE WINS!

This is a time to celebrate. Not just for the LGBT community, but all people... We are all human, and we should all have the right to love who we love, and not be singled out or pushed aside, just because of a difference. Because we are all different, in some way, from each other. That's what makes it all so beautiful.

So I am happy, celebrating for all who stand up for LOVE, for all those who fought for their rights, who just wanted equality. And I am thanking Justices Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, Kennedy, and Breyer. Bravo, and thank you..

Jenn Pix

#500 Post by Jenn Pix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 am

Important Reminder:
You are SO worth it!

Worth standing up for against those who try to cut you down...
Worth Love...
Worth knowing...
Worth all the best...
Worth fighting for...

You, yes YOU are so worth it!
Please, don't ever forget that.

Jenn Pix

#501 Post by Jenn Pix » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:44 am

Each and every plant evolved over time to be its own little unique self. Whether it has thorns or flowers, if it’s a reedy grass or a sturdy weed, each plant brings its own value to the ecosystem. So when you’re heading into a self-criticism spiral, remember that what you bring to the world is of unique value because *you* bring it. You sexy little flower beast.

When a plant isn't getting enough light, it does the slow, daily work of literally growing in the direction of the nourishment it needs. Growing towards the people and things that bring you light, even when you feel like you’re in the dark, is difficult but worth it.

Making changes in your life — whether it means remembering to water a plant or remembering that you are a worthy person — is hard. Doing things little by little is still doing the things, so applaud the tiny victories. Even a giant tree started as a little seed.

Taken from a BuzzFeed article http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliafurlan/pla ... .jmvjkzymQ by Julia Furlan. It's a beautiful little read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jenn Pix

#502 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:12 am

Every little smile can touch somebody's Heart.
No one is born happy, but all of us are born with the ability to create happiness.

-Unknown

Last edited by Jenn Pix on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn Pix

#503 Post by Jenn Pix » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:26 am

Happy Happy HAPPY!!!
My very bestest friend in the whole world is coming to visit me!!!
AND she's staying through for my birthday!
OMG, I'm so freakin' excited!!!!

Isn't it just so amazing the effect a good friend can have on you? Even a long-distance friend... When you can talk or message each other, share the highs and lows of the day/week/month...How they can lift you up out of a bad mood, celebrate your victories w/ you, let you cry for a while, then know exactly what to say to make you smile...

And when they come to visit... Oh, that's the best! Coz you get to see their face light up, as yours does the same... greet them with a great big ol hug, and then hang out and go places, share the moments together... Doing goofy stuff that you both love (even if those around you don't "get it", LOL)

And it's not just a break from normal routine, but the energy of them being there, sharing time with you, sharing experiences with you, sharing that unique Best Friend Love. A love that is totally different than what you feel for family or your S.O. It's a bond of friendship that nothing else can quite match. It's special, beautiful, and awesome!

And I get a whole week to enjoy that high! **eeee!* I'm so excited I could just explode!

So who's your very best friend? Call 'em up and tell 'em how much they mean to you. You know they're worth it :wink:

Jenn Pix

#504 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:38 am

All the things that truly matter, beauty, love, creativity, joy and inner peace arise
from beyond the mind.

-Eckhart Tolle

Jenn Pix

#505 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:28 am

There comes a point in life... I think maybe for everybody... When you can finally, really, truly let go of all the crud in your life that has been a slow poison.
For me, it was a very low self-image. Being a woman, and always being a bit of an "odd-duck", it started early. Teased for being different, and told that I had to be thin to be of any worth. Yo-yo dieting and never getting "thin enough", focusing on my flaws (real or imagined, I couldn't tell), and trying to do the impossible... hang on to my own identity (still not fully formed) while trying to "fit in" and be "normal enough".
What kind of madness.?.
Elementary school, middle school, and 1,000 times worse in high school. (High school, how did any of us get out of those years alive???) The teasing, bullying, pressure to be something that none of us could ever be...
I had my escapes, of course. We all find some way to cope. I had music. Singing in school, music to listen to, dance to, meditate to when I was home.
And I went through some dark time. And eventually fought my way through. Sort of. But those lingering bits of poison still in my mind, telling me that I was "less than", that I was somehow not worthy.

But all the stuff I've been posting here.?.

Well, it helped, but it didn't purge the poison. I still struggled with those feelings of not being good enough. Coz I was still hanging on to those toxic thoughts, thinking that there was some truth in them. For me, anyway. Everyone else is freakin' awesome, but I'm... still "less".

But you know what? I'm done with that!
I let it go. All that toxic talking and poison thinking was only making me sick. Why would I do that to myself? Why would I let those things take up room in my Spirit? There's no room in my Heart for that nonsense! So... I let it go. A little before my 42nd birthday, I felt myself just not caring about all that crud rolling around in my head. Not believing those thoughts. Understanding, for the first time in a LONG time, that I AM worth it! I AM freakin' awesome! and so what if I'm not a size 0? I'm totally rockin' this body, and I should be totally rockin' this Life!

I have no time to be scared and sick, I have no use for the toxic crap I was putting on myself!

I am ME. And that is wonderful! Anyone who doesn't like me? Well, too bad. There are plenty of people who do Love me. And I am, finally, one of them. It took a long time, and some minor melt-downs (my husband may disagree on how "minor", LOL), but here I am.
And I feel fantastic! I know that I have my own gifts, a talent I can share. I have Love in my Heart, I am my own kind of beautiful, and I am my own person.

What's the point of all this? Well, I think I'm just wanting to let you all know that it does get better. Even if you've been struggling with the toxic talk and the poison thinking, you CAN get past it. You CAN let it go. And most of all, you ARE so freakin' worth it, and you ARE that awesome!
I Love you. I do. Anyone who's here, I do. I Love you. I want you to know that.
I. Love. YOU.
And I want you to Love you, too.
Because you are so. F**king. WORTH IT!
I Love you.

-Jenn Pix

Jenn Pix

#506 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVe4jtn ... ke&index=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)

Jenn Pix

#507 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:35 am

Jenn Pix

#508 Post by Jenn Pix » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:38 am

Change

Change can be a scary thing. But it's part of growth, and we are all in a state of growth. It's part of being alive and it's part of how we thrive. But one cannot grow if one is unwilling to change.
But it takes courage to change. It takes digging deep and facing that fear of change. And it can be hard. But it can be so hugely rewarding, too!
You learn a new skill, you discover a new place, you change your thinking or your perceptions, you harness that talent or do the thing you've always wanted to try. Don't let the fear hold you back.

Face that fear, take a deep breath, and go for it! Even if it doesn't go how you thought or wanted, you have still gained from the experience of trying.
And you grow.
And that is a good thing.
I promise.

I love you all.
-Jenn Pix

Jenn Pix

#509 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 am

Jenn Pix

#510 Post by Jenn Pix » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:03 am

Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put all together that overwhelm the world.
-Desmond Tutu