...Good Happiness Stuff...

For miscellaneous discussion not covered by the sections above. Not for music, gear, or any discussion related to Steve. Although this forum is for miscellaneous discussion, please stick to the topics posted.
Quokka

Re: ...Good Happiness Stuff...

#121 Post by Quokka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 am

Jenn Pix wrote: When I saw the pics, and saw what they're called, I thought about you 8)
You will now be forever linked in my imagination, with those cute lil guys! :mrgreen:
It's very nice of you, Jenn
Jenn Pix wrote: wake-up call quokkas.?.
Just follow the link to my first thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33040#p380580, open the page with the interview and go about the second half of it (You have been around Australia more times than I think half the people that live here have, but do you have a stand out memory of a visit that you can share with us?) ...
I think you will understand and maybe also know why I chose the name of Quokka :roll:

Jenn Pix

#122 Post by Jenn Pix » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:54 am

Quokka wrote:
Jenn Pix wrote: When I saw the pics, and saw what they're called, I thought about you 8)
You will now be forever linked in my imagination, with those cute lil guys! :mrgreen:
It's very nice of you, Jenn
Jenn Pix wrote: wake-up call quokkas.?.
Just follow the link to my first thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33040#p380580, open the page with the interview and go about the second half of it (You have been around Australia more times than I think half the people that live here have, but do you have a stand out memory of a visit that you can share with us?) ...
I think you will understand and maybe also know why I chose the name of Quokka :roll:
... :shock:

LOL!!! OMG :lol: That about killed me!
Now, somehow I had missed that whole thing, so thank you for the link, LOL. *I love reading interviews with Steve, in general...* mostly because, somewhere in there, you know there's gonna be a cute, funny or awesome little unexpected story... like the Wake-up Call Quokka! LOL!

Jenn Pix

#123 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 pm

“It doesn't matter what you did or where you were...it matters where you are and what you're doing. Get out there! Sing the song in your heart and NEVER let anyone shut you up!!”
- Steve Maraboli

Jenn Pix

#124 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
- Marcel Proust

Jenn Pix

#125 Post by Jenn Pix » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:14 pm

“Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh

Quokka

#126 Post by Quokka » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Love is space and time measured by the heart.
Marcel Proust

And I have another one which made me think about Steve and his fascination for those little black dots :

La musique est peut-être l’exemple unique de ce qu’aurait pu être - s’il n’y avait pas eu l’invention du langage, la formation des mots, l’analyse des idées - la communication des âmes.
Marcel Proust

which I would translate into :
Music might be the sole example - save for the invention of language, the word forming, the ideas' analysis - of what soul communication could have been.

Jenn Pix

#127 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:46 am

^^^Very nice! I like those. Stuff like this... it's like nourishment for the Soul. And it makes the Heart smile.
Thanks so much for those two, I hadn't seen those in my wanderings 8)

Quokka

#128 Post by Quokka » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:11 am

Jenn Pix wrote:“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
- Marcel Proust
And especially for this forum,
“Let us be grateful to Steve who make us happy; he is the charming guitarist who makes our souls cherry blossom.”
- Quokka Pop
Last edited by Quokka on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenn Pix

#129 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 am

Quokka wrote: “Let us be grateful to Steve who make us happy; he is the charming guitarist who make our souls cherry blossom.”
- Quokka Pop
LOL, love that! :mrgreen: It may well become my new favourite quote 8) :guitar

Quokka

#130 Post by Quokka » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:40 am

Thank you, Jenn

Well, that will make the favourite quote for at least 2 members lol
I hope others will join us :wink:

Jenn Pix

#131 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Quokka wrote:Thank you, Jenn

Well, that will make the favourite quote for at least 2 members lol
I hope others will join us :wink:
I'm pretty sure there will be a third later tonight...
I know she'll love it when she sees it :)

*goes off to PM best friend...*

Vive le Rush

#132 Post by Vive le Rush » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:50 am

Quokka wrote:Love is space and time measured by the heart.
Marcel Proust

And I have another one which made me think about Steve and his fascination for those little black dots :

La musique est peut-être l’exemple unique de ce qu’aurait pu être - s’il n’y avait pas eu l’invention du langage, la formation des mots, l’analyse des idées - la communication des âmes.
Marcel Proust

which I would translate into :
Music might be the sole example - save for the invention of language, the word forming, the ideas' analysis - of what soul communication could have been.

Quokka and Jenn, this is a very lovely quote, and is beautiful for the imagination to contemplate!!!!! :D :peace :guitar I'm going to have to reread some Marcel Proust. 8) The last time I read anything by him, I was studying in college. :wink: Anyway, thanks for contributing this one!!!! :peace

Vive le Rush

#133 Post by Vive le Rush » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:05 am

Jenn Pix wrote:
Quokka wrote: “Let us be grateful to Steve who make us happy; he is the charming guitarist who make our souls cherry blossom.”
- Quokka Pop
LOL, love that! :mrgreen: It may well become my new favourite quote 8) :guitar

You're right, Jenn and Quokka!!!!! :shock: After reading this cleverly-tailored quote, I now classify it as one of my favorites, too!!!!!!! :D :wink: :headbang :guitar It is true that Steve's music certainly "makes our souls blossom", and there's also no question that we are EXTREMELY "grateful to Steve", 'cause he always "makes us" abundantly JOYFUL!!!!!!!" :D :mrgreen: :guitar :peace :headbang EXCELLENT quote, Quokka!!!!!!!! :headbang

Vive le Rush

#134 Post by Vive le Rush » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:16 am

As you go about your day, do not forget to laugh; it is the way the spirit rejoices!!!!! :lol: :wink: :D :peace :headbang

------Vive le Rush

Quokka

#135 Post by Quokka » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 am

Vive le Rush wrote:You're right, Jenn and Quokka!!!!! :shock: After reading this cleverly-tailored quote, I now classify it as one of my favorites, too!!!!!!! :D :wink: :headbang :guitar It is true that Steve's music certainly "makes our souls blossom", and there's also no question that we are EXTREMELY "grateful to Steve", 'cause he always "makes us" abundantly JOYFUL!!!!!!!" :D :mrgreen: :guitar :peace :headbang EXCELLENT quote, Quokka!!!!!!!! :headbang
Thanks Vive le Rush

I hope other members will also see this quote and react to it :guitar