Login with a social network:

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:26 am 

This is a thread for Questions. Silly ones, serious ones, anything in between... Whatever. Just, any kind of question, ask it here.
My hope is that, if another member has the answer, or even a really good guess, that they'll post it. This board has a wide variety of people, hopefully that will prove helpful in gathering answers to questions.

So, if you have a question, ask it here.
If you have an answer, quote the question in your post, as well as your answer.

...and let's see what happens :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:39 am 

This one may have no one or clear answer. Every one is different, each with their own experiences etc...
But I'm gonna ask it anyway.

Serious. And a tricky knot.
Some folks, when facing a serious illness, fight and fight for survival.
Some, faced with the same diagnosis, just give up and wait to die.

Sometimes the ones that give up, give in, they seem like the ones who would fight, always seemed so tough, stubborn, and strong. But they just... don't. Or they won't.

Sometimes, the one that fight so d*mn hard are ones you never imagined had that kind of fight in them. Not just hanging on through the pain , but actively fighting... pushing though and taking every step they can...

So... Why? Why do some fight, kicking and screaming, while others just give up and wait for death?

Yeah. Wicked heavy for the opening question. :?
Some are just that way...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 am 

Meditation and altered states...

When I was younger, in my late teens and into my twenties, it was so easy to slip into a meditative state. So easy to slip into dream-trance. With almost no effort at all, I could shift awareness. No problem.

But... it's not so easy anymore. I can't just slide in anymore. I have to prepare, have time, and ... work at it. Sliding into meditation just isn't a 'thing' for me like it was. The dream-trance is even harder.
I try to just let it go, (how does one "try" at "letting go".?. I know, I know)

Is it to much trying? Is it too much expectation? Or is it actually harder to do when you're older?
Maybe a combination of these? Maybe something else?

Why is it harder to meditate now? Why can't I just fall into it like I used to?

~heh~ Not sure I've gotten any easier with my second question, but it's not quite so 'darkly heavy' as my first. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:04 am 

A bit lighter... :)

I know the main job of the hospital is to save lives and get patients healthy and all...
But why can't they bring in a hair dresser or maybe beauty school students to help with "hospital bed-head".?.
Gods, the mat on my head used to be rather a nice head of hair!
More than once, I've considered hacking it off, and start over, LOL.

Honestly, though, can't they get someone to come in a fix/prevent hospital bed-head???

~like I said... all kinds of questions!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:43 am 

Pain has 3 main reasons to be, as I see it.
1) "Don't do that! You're damaging yourself!"
This keeps you from repeating such actions as sticking your hand in the fire, or kicking that rock, or similar ouchie things. Good job, thank you pain. I know better, now.

2)"Something is wrong! Get to the doc!"
You're sick, you've broken something, there's some kind of wrong that needs fixing Pain can motivate your butt to the doctor or hospital. Good job, pain. Thanks again.

3)"Stay down, you moron, you're still healing!"
Okay, Something went wrong, but you fixed the problem. Ah, but you need time to fully recover/heal. So pain keeps you down. Makes bed-rest sound like a very good idea. So thank you again, pain, good job.

Okay, so there's good reasons for this whole pain thing. It keeps us alive and helps us heal. Awesome.
But why does it linger? After you've gotten the problem taken care of, after you've healed up good, pain lingers. Getting up from bed-rest, oww! You get over that, but everything still aches. Why? I'm doing good for my body! What's with the pain? Get your muscles back in shape, but there's lingering pain from whatever knocked you down in the first place. What's up with that?
Also, the totally messed-up pain when all systems are running normally. Ladies will know what I mean... every month, when things are running properly, we get hit with nasty pain. WTF pain?!? Things are going the way they should! Why cramp up???

Stupid pain.
Why does it come around when there's nothing wrong??? Or linger long after it's done it's job?

Long-winded one, this. But a real question. Any thoughts.?.