The "test" account in Live Chat

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE VAI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS, START HERE. You'll find some answers to many common questions about Vai.com, the Messageboards, dos and don'ts, membership details and more.
Naffis-kun

Sorry, I don´t know if you have talked about this before..
But..
What is that "test" account in Live Chat?
He/she writes in green and sometimes impersonates Steve Vai.
But we all know that Steve´s real nick is ALWAYS (and I mean ALWAYS!) ssv, right?
But some guys really believe it´s Steve because test makes them believe that he/she lost his/her password and is now using the test account..lol
Lots of people around here know the test password.
So why don´t you guys (admins?) delete it?
What´s the use of it? It just confuses newbies like me..
summer_sky

somebody is impersonating Steve in the Chat? :( that's not very nice, nor amusing.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Impersonating steve is NOT COOL!.

And from what a previous admin told me, IP addresses are logged and can be matched with the forum accounts, so besides being not cool, it's also galactically STUPID.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Massacre

Jeroenn wrote:Impersonating steve is NOT COOL!.

And from what a previous admin told me, IP addresses are logged and can be matched with the forum accounts, so besides being not cool, it's also galactically STUPID.

Weather or not the IPs are logged no one is at fault for using it. The Admins for Vai.com knew it was there and should of taken it off. No matter how anyone puts it, Hacking is by-passing a password protected area without owners consent. And we NEVER DID THAT. So you can have all the IPs in the world and it does you no good.
Tone Capone

Everybody who is in chat knows Test is not Steve! Including Jeroenn and Naffis Kun. Alot of different people use Test obviously, and from what I see everything is in good fun. People who believe some of the things people say in there will believe anything. Steve always appears as SSV and thats it. You guys are taking this Test thing way too serious.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massacre wrote:
Jeroenn wrote:Impersonating steve is NOT COOL!.

Weather or not the IPs are logged no one is at fault for using it. The Admins for Vai.com new it was there and should of taken it off. No matter how anyone puts it, Hacking is by-passing a password protected area without owners consent. And we NEVER DID THAT. So you can have all the IPs in the world and it does you no good.
Sorry, this is the biggest bullshit around. You are supposed to use your own account. You know that Green accounts including test are not for nomral use. Your defenition of hacking is offbase and off no use what so ever. Don't fuck around with it, and don't impersonate. Don't access the test account, because you can assuume it will throw people off. How difficult can that be to understand??
:evil:
Naffis-kun

Yes!
Even though I know it is not Steve, that doesn´t mean you are free to use that account.
No one should never use it, because I know there are some people who think it´s really Steve ´cos test writes in green.
I have to admit, that I first thought it really was SSV, because of the green color.
And I think no one except SSV and Mikey is allowed to write in green!
And that´s final. Do not believe test, there are about 20 people around here who know the test password.
So newcomers, be aware of impersonators.
As you guys already said, Steve appears ONLY as SSV.
jemgirl

hey mods can`t you do something about this?

peace,

karwei
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Yeah - I'll do something about it once I'm back in LA. The chat isn't hosted on our server which makes changing things slow sometimes.

The current Vai chat is going bye-byes soon anyway.

Mikey
vai.com
summer_sky

Mikey wrote: The current Vai chat is going bye-byes soon anyway.

Mikey
vai.com

will the current Chat be replaced with another?
Moderator777

summer_sky wrote:
Mikey wrote: The current Vai chat is going bye-byes soon anyway.

Mikey
vai.com

will the current Chat be replaced with another?
Yes, there is a new chatroom in the future.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
King Snake

yeah, i got fooled with that thing too. someone acted like they were vai, and some other ppl acted like they knew it was him....lol i got got. i was all nervous and shit lol i didn't know what to say. :o

anyways, we laughed about it afterwards...so it didn't break my heart that it wasn't him. :D lol
marduk
Newcomer

hey moderator 777 or mikey i pretty much live in vai chat and i was wondering when the new chat is up are you going to fix the bug that makes the chat go down for 1 minuite every hour at 20 past.

i know that you are aware this happens but im ot sure if you know why. do you and will this be fixed.

many times i have been chatting with a newbie and they have not reset after the chat crashed and they have just sat there thinking no one was talking.

thanks in advance for an answer.

ps. how are you guys going i saw you 777 the other day in chat but i havnt seen mikey for a long time.
Massacre

Duke, they know what happens. I got some inside INTEL yesterday :wink: :lol: lol about the new chat and we just have to wait a little longer. Dude soon enough we will be in chat heaven.
Naffis-kun

Yeah.
I guess they´re going to fix that crashing problem.
They have to!