General music discussion

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE VAI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS, START HERE. You'll find some answers to many common questions about Vai.com, the Messageboards, dos and don'ts, membership details and more.
Louise Dilks1
Newcomer

General music discussion

#1 Post by Louise Dilks1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:53 pm

I played piano when I was eleven and I can still play Fur Elise by Beethoven without the music. When I was eleven I played classical music on the clarinet and played in a wind band. I started playing electric guitar when I was sixteen but couldn't get into a heavy metal band and was bullied so I quit. I am playing guitar, piano and clarinet again. I am looking forward to playing clarinet in a wind band again. I am going to play Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden again. I got a ticket to see Steve Vai but was sick so I didn't go. I will go and see Steve Vai on his next tour. I have seen Iron Maiden and Slayer. I play a cheap electric guitar I bought from a second hand shop but it works. I have a small Marshall amplifier given to me by a friend. I am also getting a piano, guitar and clarinet teacher when I move back to Matlock, Derbyshire near where I was born. Does Steve Vai do guitar master classes in the UK? I am also hoping to move to Canada near family. I have been to France, Spain and Germany. Can Steve Vai play classical music or any other instruments? I have seen the Philomonic orchestra. I am going to see the Halle orchestra again.I went to see Megadeth and Black Sabbath with a standing ticket at the front of the stage at Download Festival this year. They were amazing! I also went to see Alice Cooper again with a standing ticket at the front of the stage at the O2 in London this year. Did anyone else go to Download Festival?I have seen Iron Maiden with a standing ticket at the front of the stage. They were amazing! Iron Maiden are the best! I would like to play Iron Maiden covers in a band.I would also like to do Nightwish covers in a band.I have a guitar teacher who treats me with respect and he is going to teach me to play like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. I am still playing classical music on piano and clarinet.There is a jazz band in The Bell Inn pub in Nottingham city centre in the United Kingdom where I am at the moment. :headbang :guitar