VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm 
Newcomer

I have been looking around the forum to see how to contact a moderator/administrator to ask a question but I don't see a way to do so plus since I don't really post, I don't have the authority to send private messages to anyone.

Should I just post my question in this thread and someone will kindly answer me who is a moderator or administrator?

Thanking someone in advance for their help.

:)

Kristin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:47 pm 

I would just post it in the thread. They are usually good at getting back to people (moderators that is) If your question is for Vai or Andy, good luck! although Andy does get back in here every once in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 pm 
Newcomer

Thank you for the reply Pape so ok, here is the question......

We (my husband and I) planned on going to Disneyland with a friend and also go to the Vai concert in Anaheim in October. Well, my friend said she was "in" and after I booked the hotel AND bought concert tickets, she says she forgot she is going to her 30 year high school reunion the weekend before and she can't afford to go to Dland and the concert (from Northern California) at this time. So.......that's the background.....we have an extra ticket to the Vai show in Anaheim at The Grove on October 11th. We are sitting in the 4th tier, no dinner, table 407. We may also have an extra ticket to the Napa show on Sunday, October 7th if she isn't home from the reunion in time to make the concert. If I had only waited a day to make the purchase. Argh!

Anyway, so the question is, how do I go about asking if there is a person who would be willing to buy the extra ticket to the Anaheim Grove show and if the Napa one becomes available, that one too. I would hate to be out the money (as I pretty much am right now.......) so if a moderator could tell me if this is even allowed and if so, where to post this information, that would be lovely.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I'm technically still a "newbie" since 2005 and can't pm anyone yet so I would need to know about how to contact interested parties if there are any. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:16 pm 

Pape wrote:
They are usually good at getting back to people (moderators that is) If your question is for Vai or Andy, good luck! although Andy does get back in here every once in a while.

lol...once in a while = :?: :roll: :?:

any little crumb would be appreciated at this point...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you can put a ticket for sale here, as long as you sell it face value.
That was the policy here back in the day.

Only caveat would be if it were tickets that are given out on name or personalized, but I suppose that isn't the case here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 pm 
Newcomer

[quote="Jeroen"]I think you can put a ticket for sale here, as long as you sell it face value.
That was the policy here back in the day.

Only caveat would be if it were tickets that are given out on name or personalized, but I suppose that isn't the case here.[/quote]

Thank you for the response. I would absolutely only sell it for face value to recoup the money I am out. If you could please suggest which of the board subjects I would post this in, that would be helpful. Should I post it in the "live" area that talks about shows? I have an e-mail address that I can post online and not have to worry if I get spam so I have that option for contact.

Thanks again for your help with this. I just really wish my friend could go. I haven't been to a single high school reunion and I don't see my going to any in my future either so in my opinion, a Steve Vai concert kicks major ass over some high school reunion but again, that's just my .02.

:)

Kristin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,
You can put it in "All About Steve" if you like.
Cheers!
J