Post your favourite technique here!

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
1118916GB

screaming into your pickups is pretty cool. I can talk to the audience by doing that.
phoenix2874

I`ve got this thing I do where I`ll "capo" at say the 4th fret with my right hand, then play a legato sequence...descending sequence of diatonic 3rds for instance...at the 11th fret with my left hand, pulling off to the capoed fret between each higher note.
MR4Y

my favorite technique:

Vai's "Thunder Effect" (also called "The Train Effect")

simply depress the wahmmy bar a little bit, then move the thing really fast up and down. the sound of strings stucking magnectically in the pickup's pole pieces and his fast "go out" off the stcuking produce this effect.

Vai, Ardanuy(guitarrist of Dr. Sin) and Satch "different harmonic"

simply slide with the third finger(on the B string) across the freboard, then, using your third finger nail, push both B and high E strings towards the floor and off the fretboard, if you do this really fast, you'll produce a different kind of harmonic. you can see satch do this harmonic a few times in the G3 jam w/ malmsteen and vai (2003? i forgot)
another virtuoso

im a pretty big tapper.... 3 fingers, 4 fingers, 5 fingers, 6 fingers, 7 fingers.... as many as i can cram on there haha..... ahhhh its so fun..... :lol:
bubble

favourite technique.....

Probably making a cheese sandwich and boiling the kettle at the same time so my cup of tea is available the moment I start muching on that bad boy!!

****NOT one for beginners - build up to it gradually using a Brand name teabag for perfect results****
1118916GB

you guys all suck. I can do a 360 Hard Flip on a skateboard while playing Eugene's Trickbag with one hand and the other beating Super Marioon a game boy
MR4Y

I do the same thing plus doiung my brakfast at morning then finish the Hardflip with a Primo Stand
shredlord

i love those lo-e-string-pinches zakk wylde does.

also very cool: staccato-rhythm-playing, like jon shaffer of iced earth.

but simply the best: the duck walk. how to? ask chuck berry.
Cleggy

Heres one no-ones mentioned,
i have a setting on my multi effects exact for this, otherwise create your own for the funny whoop whooping at the start of whispering a prayer.

Method: use volume pedal to silence guitar, play note then tap your feet with the rythm of the notes so you dont get the pick attack, just the smooth notes,

its sweet when done properly
{TKG}MALICE

tapping , or legato
Eutow

fortheloveofgod wrote:My favourite technique is probably whammy bar fluttering which creats a kinda gargling sound.

Method: This can be done with mostly edge pro's r floyd rose trems, hit a note and flick the end of the bar

this is so fun.

:wink:
1118916GB

MR4Y wrote:I do the same thing plus doiung my brakfast at morning then finish the Hardflip with a Primo Stand
bullshit what a lie! Thats impossible
cockoo
Newcomer

No its true i tottaly saw it. But back on topic if you have a whammy pedal you can make some cool nosises by hitting random notes really fast and moving the peadal up and down.
fercho

have you heard the begining of butler´s bag of crossroads where the guitar of steve seems like if it was laughing, it´s cool. then at the end the other guy did the same thing but with slide.
Pyrostasis

personally i like the old 'Pulling a Rabbit Out Of the Bck of your Guitar' technique a la Paul Gilbert!