Exciting Vai Research!

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Big Bad Bill

I'm doing some Neuroscience/music research to see if 'exciting' or 'sedatative' music produces actual physiological changes in people (in this case alterations in the levels of corticospinal tract excitation in response to transcranial magnetic stimulation!!). My subjects will listen to white noise (control) and then some 'ambient'/'relaxing' music (while I zap their brains and record the effects!) and then some upbeat rocky music while I do the same.

I want to use some of Vai's music (cos he's cool and I love it!) but there seems to be a difference of opinion as to what's the rockiest, most exciting piece of music to listen to.

Would you guys like to suggest which piece by Vai is the most upbeat/stimulating/makes you want to get up and shake your booty?!

I look forward to your suggestions!
Rochus

The Animal 8)
Big Bad Bill

Perhaps I should give some criteria. The piece should has to be fast, have large interval leaps in the melody, have a complex structure (be 'orchestrated') and mainly be in a major sounding mode.

The Animal is a great track, but I don't think it quite fulfills the criteria. Thanks though!
jemgirl

ehm,...bankok?

:wink:
Big Bad Bill

Yes, I thought of Taurus Bulba but it isn't very long and it's 'energy' ebbs in places. I guess I could edit it.

Some of the contenders i was thinking of are,

Answers
Juice
Erotic Nightmares (dream sequence section could be a problem)
Jiboom

Come on you guys in the USA. The election isn't half as imortant as this! :wink:
Krimit
Newcomer

I'de go for Answers with this one. It's short too, so you don't have to worry about people losing interest or dozing off midway through.
Henrique Henriques

Two Songs...

Juice
Bad Horsie.....

I've seen Dead men rise with these songs....(jk)
Leftymonster

if you wanna explode their brain play "Jibboom" :wink:
j.arledge

the riddle would be cool.

if not bad horsie.
vinccenzzo

How about "I would love to" ? Tempo is 150, major sounding, has a few large interval leaps in the melody, also orchestrated since there are at least five guitars playing at the same time. Also it's a damn good song !
honeybadger

kill the guy with the ball/the god eaters...........that should do it! not much major soundin stuff but should wak em out!!! lol. good luck! :D
Big Bad Bill

vinccenzzo, 'I would Love To' is perfect! I forgot all about it!

Excellent!
Super_Turd

shake ya bootey ?? ;)

gota be either the animal or the crying machine
markelia

If you want to really test physical response, I think certain dance/techno tunes would be effective in raising the physical response, because the songs are crafted toward that end, and the rhythms are very strong.
SRVoodoo

How about Lucky charms?