VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 15 hours
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 pm 

I recently did the 15 hour workout. I got into some pretty freaky States of mind. My vision is five times sharper, every note seems louder, and I can play effortlessly in almost any key. I lost myself for like 3 hours, and finally looked at the clock and 3 hours had passed already. I have had a plethera of different ideas, and multitudes of inspiration took my mind on a phrygian journey through time and space... and a whole pack of strings. Steve, I truly understand your meaning for these workouts. They have given me more knowledge in 15 hours more than I have played for five months. I truly thank you Steve, or shall I call you master. Has anyone else had such results as mine? The first hour was tough to get by, but when you lose yourself and give in to your bleeding fingers, it is a hell worth it.

Post subject: Re: 15 hours
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:29 am 

I barely stay away for 15 hours never mind play guitar for 15 hours. It is amazing, though, when you play/practise for a longer period of time how your fingers start flying about like never before. I found Steve's 10-hour workout incredibly dull. Instead I just try and master a lick until I've finally got it nailed. Sometimes my left wrist becomes inflamed I've been playing for so long.

I'm still rubbish, though. :guitar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:58 am 

kyle am I wrote:
I recently did the 15 hour workout. I got into some pretty freaky States of mind.
Are you sure yo haven't been licking the back of toads again? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 am 

Well, after like 5 hours of sitting there playing, I was starting to get dizzy, almost like a really looong reverberate ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am 

Your supposed to eat every few hours... Low blood sugar sets in :wink:

I wish I could come up with 15 hours to practice! Usually by 10 min into practice the phone starts ringing, kids start yelling, work starts calling, life happens. It takes sacrifice to go out on even a short tour, music is deffinately only for the percevering person! For the Love....

Last edited by Pape on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:40 pm 

I'm still a kid. I got time... less and less time, but still a lot. And everytime I wanted to eat, I would play something that sounded amazing and u would forget I was hungry ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 am 

I've been licking the back of a Toad for 15 hours and nothings happened yet? Should I be getting a buzz or something? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:59 pm 

Hah! must have got the wrong toad their mate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:47 pm 
Banned

plenty of cane toads here in australia bloody things are every where, though you should try magic mushrooms a few joints instead of 15 hours try 15 days .
the days turn into years the world looks wierd little goblin dance at your feet color and sparks around your finger tips .
as you go through the tube worlds change .
then all of a sudden a boring scale is boring no more my god this is music;

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm 
Banned

its true years ago I rented an old farm house in the middle of now where I was out of work at this time with a great rig in my garage I would have it so loud I had to stand out side the garage whilst playing ,,,,.
I would jam for days on end the only time I would stop would be to go to the toilet or make a coffee and a smoke and no one would hear from me for weeks at a time ,...it was magic mushroom season is well :twisted:

I remember my Dad came to see me as no one had seen me for weeks getting into months to see if I was ok he walked away confused at what I was babling to him but he left me some food which was nice of him
thus my playing did improve as a result of this I even ended up in a little rock band for a while when I needed money I would busk at the shopping mall in the nearest town,,,,,.
more to come later :guitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm 

you mean the middle of everywhere
aaronm wrote:
its true years ago I rented an old farm house in the middle of now where I was out of work at this time with a great rig in my garage I would have it so loud I had to stand out side the garage whilst playing ,,,,.
I would jam for days on end the only time I would stop would be to go to the toilet or make a coffee and a smoke and no one would hear from me for weeks at a time ,...it was magic mushroom season is well :twisted:

I remember my Dad came to see me as no one had seen me for weeks getting into months to see if I was ok he walked away confused at what I was babling to him but he left me some food which was nice of him
thus my playing did improve as a result of this I even ended up in a little rock band for a while when I needed money I would busk at the shopping mall in the nearest town,,,,,.
more to come later :guitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm 
Banned

yeah I guess you could go either way with that ,...I miss those good old days now I have a family a job to hold down it dose pay very well but Im not playing my guitar for a living which has allways been the dream ,...but you never know I still enjoy playing very much and its a great feeling when you play as you probably well know.
I have fun on this site you will see the child in me here ,...I do have a serious side also I wouldnt be able to do the work I do if I didnt ,..
any allmost home time ,...time to play guitar
cheers young dude,..... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 pm 

what do you work as?
aaronm wrote:
yeah I guess you could go either way with that ,...I miss those good old days now I have a family a job to hold down it dose pay very well but Im not playing my guitar for a living which has allways been the dream ,...but you never know I still enjoy playing very much and its a great feeling when you play as you probably well know.
I have fun on this site you will see the child in me here ,...I do have a serious side also I wouldnt be able to do the work I do if I didnt ,..
any allmost home time ,...time to play guitar
cheers young dude,..... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 pm 
Banned

mmm dont much like saying what I do on line but in this case I will tell you ,
I am the General Manager for a large Ford Dealership in Australia ,... have a nice office that I can lock myself away in so long as my staff are doing there Jobs ,... 8)

Id much rather be a rock star though lol :guitar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 am 

kyle am I wrote:
I recently did the 15 hour workout. I got into some pretty freaky States of mind. My vision is five times sharper, every note seems louder, and I can play effortlessly in almost any key. I lost myself for like 3 hours, and finally looked at the clock and 3 hours had passed already. I have had a plethera of different ideas, and multitudes of inspiration took my mind on a phrygian journey through time and space... and a whole pack of strings. Steve, I truly understand your meaning for these workouts. They have given me more knowledge in 15 hours more than I have played for five months. I truly thank you Steve, or shall I call you master. Has anyone else had such results as mine? The first hour was tough to get by, but when you lose yourself and give in to your bleeding fingers, it is a hell worth it.

How do you stay focused for that long?