Guitar Wars

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
precario

Guitar Wars

#1 Post by precario » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey guys, how are you all doing ?

Concerning the Paul Gilbert presentation on Guitar Wars, playing To Be With You:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ligr9aMFcQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I need to learn this song, but I'm having some trouble with the tapped arpeggios. So I wanted to know if any of you can help me out with the first three he uses from 1:09 to 1:15 (the second set of three I have figured out already).

I know more or less where he starts and where he ends each of them, but I just can't find out what's in the middle..

Thanks in advance for any reply :headbang

Jeries

Re: Guitar Wars

#2 Post by Jeries » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:58 pm

i don't have a guitar nearby but it just sounds like major arpeggios- and they're the same inversion so- it just sounds like the same pattern up on higher and higher notes without any changes to the structure or chords

and the last chord has a rhythmic variation and stays on it twice as long (maybe 3x as long)

so...just move the same notes up

precario

#3 Post by precario » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeah, I'm almost getting it, but I can't figure out the exact notes he's playing. I can just tell the first 3 notes and the last 3 ones, the middle notes I just can't discover.

I know the first one is a D (major as you said) arpeggio and it starts at the D string, 12 fret, then a F# (4th fret), then an A (7th fret).
And it ends with the same notes (on the B string), but in the first inversion: 3rd fret, 7th fret and 10th fret.

If you can try to figure this out the next time when you can pick up the guitar, I would greatly appreciate it.

precario

#4 Post by precario » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Hey Jeries !

Any news on this ?