how fast can you play

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Christer
Newcomer

hahahahahaha lol
Alkool

Hey, hey, hey...right this moment, I'm tapping my JEM with my LEFT hand, playing keyboard with my LEFT hand, and playing Bass with my left foot; I'm playing the "4 Seasons" at doubled concerto speed...and use my right foot to write this message...Come on, guys, get real...(By the way, I lied: this iso whjasty Io gherty wwehjen uisdigh m,yu ffoopty to wruity...

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
miker

I play so fast... my strings melt and my guitar catches on fire. I have scars from 3rd degree burns on my right hand.

So... I try to keep it slower because between buying new guitars and trips to the emergency room... it was just too 'spensive. yah. That's the ticket.
kpxmikey89

haha..... this thread fills up so fast...

well 24 notes per second is... sounds very.... unreal, bkuz vai's fastest moment is 22.5 notes per seconds i think

im not as fast.... tho i try to be fast when im feelin like i wana bust out some Malmsteen licks my speed n accuract wont even come close to his kus Malmsteen is a robot! hehe

wel i only played for 4 years so im trying and trying

but this isnt my fastest moment, but i remember itting around 43 notes in 5 seconds? haha... not too fast for u virtuosos out dere
Pro-string strummer

it's funny, as soon as the question came about, it was up to 5 pages of mesages posted... alot of people are bulshitting aswell
FINGERS76

I don't know how fast I am, but I can play pretty much any lick out there, with the exception of ultra fast sweep arpeggios.
Mr_Guitarman

quater notes at 60 bpm, I am not very fast. unless I am using my speacial guitar and lucky pick then I can play 32notes at 500pbm. And if I am wearing the right shoes i can actually double that speed.
Balex the Shizzle

it depends on the phase of the moon...

but really, i cant play incredibly fastly, ive only been playing just under a year, but i can play fairly fast in comparison to a few local guitarists (laughably slow on these forums)
i can almost play erotic nigtmares at full speed, the main riff, thats probably one of the hardest things i can play fastest, although i can play black dog etc by led zep

however, it isnt about speed IMO, it about feel, creativity, and how you want to take it musically. speed can be very handy, and cool (i am constantly pushing myself faster and faster as i want ot be able to play fast), but it isnt everything.

alex
Pro-string strummer

i have a disease where i can only play 2 notes an hour and every so often i explode with 3 million notes a second, creating an infinite background of glorious music in which we all long to here... tht lasts about 2 minutes then it's 2 notes again..:(
kpxmikey89

haha thats why dont waste all ur creative ideas to play it fast, then u cant play those later

y cant ppl b serious about thier playing speed..
Pro-string strummer

because no one will ever know so they tell you they are faster than patrucci... like men I'm like 9 times faster than gilbert adn that's with no hands or guitar!
dave_777

I can can play as fast as my fingers can move. And thats the truth.

Dave.
V41

I don't mean to be full of myself, but sometimes I listen to Yngwie or Joe Stump or some classical shredder guy, and it sounds as fast or not as fast as stuff I've played before when I'm really warmed up.

But when I listen to Steve, and his phrasing, sometimes I feel like I could never do it. I know I could get to where I was doing real good sweep picking if I cared enough to, but that's not really my concern. I'd rather compose something, I've never really composed anything good. Sometimes I play cool stuff but I worry too much about scales to be really melodic. Gotta' work on that.

So I don't put much emphasis on speed anymore. I think it's silly that this thread is 10 pages. Except for the joke posts, those were good.

I can actually detach my fingers and play scales in 3 or 4 different places, while strumming with my tongue and handling the vibrato bar with my... :wink:
brainpolice

Hand me two drums sticks, and i'll do a roll on the strings faster then any of you can pick or tap (half joke, half not). But......alas......it doesn't matter!
Balex the Shizzle

i also enjoy playing with a lemon.

whats more, im being serious.

it slows you down, stops you worrying about what you cant achieve wiht it (speed) and makes you care more about space and phrasing.

i need to encompass that in my normal playing more, also i need to get faster, more accurate, and generally better lol

however, my advice is deffo play wiht a lemon (seriously, it works really well!)