Favourite Player For Which Technique?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
User avatar
boswell
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 am

Camp derives from the French slang term se camper, meaning “to pose in an exaggerated fashion”.
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

Je me campe, tu te campes, il se campe, nous nous campons.... !


:peace
User avatar
boswell
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 am

Je ne comprends pas, Je suis Yorkshire. We don't have camp puffs round here! :wink:
User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am

boswell wrote:Camp derives from the French slang term se camper, meaning “to pose in an exaggerated fashion”.
Oh, right! In that case Steve is camp on stage. In fact almost every entertainer is, otherwise it'd juts be an ordinary bloke up on a stage...being boring!
User avatar
boswell
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 am

no no it derived from........later to become exagerated effeminate behaviour.
Stephen Brown
Member
Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:04 am

Not sure about the other players but I do think that S.Vai's bar manipulation is probably the best in the world.
User avatar
Breeder
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:12 am

what about jeff beck ?

I voluntary didn't want to post here...there is no best, there is only my opinion of best, and this kind of topics are known to cause havok, flame wars, "my favorite guitarist has bigger dick then yours" kind of talks and pretty useless argumentation of personal preferences
User avatar
boswell
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 am

Breeder wrote: I voluntary didn't want to post here...there is no best, there is only my opinion of best, and this kind of topics are known to cause havok
probably why he used the word "Favourite" :D
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

FRETPICK wrote:Not sure about the other players but I do think that S.Vai's bar manipulation is probably the best in the world.
I disagree, I think it is the best in the world, because if it wasn't I think we would have heard another name, I don't believe in "hidden geniuses" in our day and age.

I personnally enjoy this thread precisely because it's all about subjective opinions, also fed up with "music-is-not-a-contest" , I think this forum is educated enough to handle that kind of thread once in a while and as boswell rightfullly pointed out the author did say "favourite".


:peace
User avatar
Breeder
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:12 am

lydian2000 wrote: I disagree, I think it is the best in the world, because if it wasn't I think we would have heard another name, I don't believe in "hidden geniuses" in our day and age.
:peace
And why is he better then jeff beck ?
seriously ?
can you even dare to compare them ? (not that I am implying any "betterness" factor, just trying to prove a point cause I obviously really like vai since I am posting here in the first place )
Last edited by Breeder on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Breeder
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:12 am

boswell wrote:probably why he used the word "Favourite" :D
let`s not fool ourselves with semantics

but I believe this forum will endure this terrible topic too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

Breeder, please enlighten me and post a link of jeff beck demonstrating a mastery of the whammy at least equivalent to Steve's, and then I'll reconsider.

:)


:peace
User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am

Breeder wrote:what about jeff beck ?
Jeff Beck is definitely better at whammy bar manipulation than Steve. How on earth he intonates his notes so accurately with Fender's pathetic excuse for a vibrato system on their Stratobanjos means he must be virtually a deity! :wink: (sorry couldn't resist bashing Strats-Steve is the actually the whammy bar king in my opinion)
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

o.k I have to admit he's pretty close ( the part I mean starts at 6.20)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEQlWcY ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I bet he could be even more precise with Floyds though.

"lol"


:peace
Desert_Runner
Member
Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:28 am

Wait... isn't that solo where Steve got the inspiration for Sparks from Sound Theories?

Sweet solo btw.
Post Reply