How do you Maintain your chops on the road?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Sweepinchord

Pobshot wrote:I'm graduating this May and will be taking a 1 month trip to Asia (Hong Kong and then Tokyo) and in that month won't have my guitar with me, what will happen when I get back??

What can i do!
Nothing, you will spontaneously combust when you stay away from your guitar for longer than three weeks. Sorry dude, life is hard.
slash89

Sweepinchord wrote:
Pobshot wrote:I'm graduating this May and will be taking a 1 month trip to Asia (Hong Kong and then Tokyo) and in that month won't have my guitar with me, what will happen when I get back??

What can i do!
Nothing, you will spontaneously combust when you stay away from your guitar for longer than three weeks. Sorry dude, life is hard.
:lol: Yeah, that's right :P
lydian2000

Sweepinchord wrote:

What can i do!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pobshot

auralperception wrote: (Im lefthanded and play righthanded for years..darn righthanders ;))
Hey me too, do you ever feel like you should have played left handed? Sometimes I do because I can move my ring finger on my right hand without having to curl up my pinky but i can't do it on my left. haha oh well!
wholetone

One time I traveled I was so dissapointed I didn't take my guitar, so the next time I took the neck off the body and packed it in between my clothes for easier handling. Once I unpacked it I just screwed it together and wal-la my baby was back in my hands!!!
This sucks if you have a molded neck!!!
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

I'd take a guitar if I were you, not just to keep your chops up, but what if you encounter some new found inspiration, you have an idea in your head and you wanna play it. I mean your gonna be encountering a lot of new sights and music when you go over there. I left to Mexcico once without a guitar I was trying to sleep in my room and some pretty sweet melodies were running through my head as I was trying to sleep...but no guitar. Dude, it sucked, all I could do was scream.