Can YOU play this technique?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
ClarkyNZ

shredlord wrote:Stanley Jordan: Video
Whoa, I like! :shock:
Jay3

Stanley Jordan is amazing. My guitar teacher showed me him last year.
slash89

djhollowman wrote:
slash89 wrote:
the_grod wrote:guys wait....the video is bloody fast forwarded!!! isnt it??
I have seen and heard him play before, and trust me when i say that the dude can shred.
Ahem, I refer you to my earlier post in this thread.....

I'd like to see that fella play with some feel. He's obviously got chops, but it just ain't all about speed and flashy techniques is it? I bet he could actually play though, and he's just gone down the old "better do my most wanky stuff for the cameras, to impress the non players" road! C'mon we're all a wee bit guilty of that at times, aren't we??? No?? Just me then.........
You don't need to play with feel to be a shredder. However you need feel to play the guitar properly. Don't for a second believe that I think guitar is all about speed! I wouldn't have been here if I did, right? :wink:
quiksilver98

Speed is bsically a technique for bragging rights. If you want to be shredder and still have a feeling for what you are playing, it must have a verse and chorus and must be melodic.
<Mike>

if he really wouold be one of the "best guitar players in thew world" (as mentioned on video google) then this world would suck.

He really sucked. Serious. That's what happens if you play the same scale over and over for years and Still think you're cool.

//btw I am talking about the first vid
Last edited by <Mike> on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
quiksilver98

No offence to anyone here, but that first video was crap. The guy thinks he is good because he can kind of speed pick andfinger tap a little, but he ahd no feel.
firestone

this is horrible all the rhytmn is just thrown out the window i wouldnt even begin to compare him to god(vai)
-=MelodicDreamer=-

Gah...