Can YOU play this technique?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Tris
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 4:24 am

I'm embarrased to say it, but i can do that! --- Honestly that dude is horrible.
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

Tris wrote:I'm embarrased to say it, but i can do that! --- Honestly that dude is horrible.
You can? Would you mind posting a video?
groom
Member
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:13 pm

definately looks sped up
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

groom wrote:definately looks sped up
It's not :wink:
J Carlos
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 am

yes,... a bad playing !!
axeman2
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:08 am

nahh..it aint chromatic....he starts off with b phyrigian/pentatonic around the the 7th fret going up and down the scale in 3's with trills,slides etc,then travelling to the different modal possitions..the taping right hand hits a chord pattern aswell as hammering and pulling off between fingers 2 and 3 combined with standard stuff
djhollowman
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:23 am

axeman2 wrote:nahh..it aint chromatic....he starts off with b phyrigian/pentatonic around the the 7th fret going up and down the scale in 3's with trills,slides etc,then travelling to the different modal possitions..the taping right hand hits a chord pattern aswell as hammering and pulling off between fingers 2 and 3 combined with standard stuff
Do you think the guy in the video knows that's what he's playing? :wink:
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

djhollowman wrote:
axeman2 wrote:nahh..it aint chromatic....he starts off with b phyrigian/pentatonic around the the 7th fret going up and down the scale in 3's with trills,slides etc,then travelling to the different modal possitions..the taping right hand hits a chord pattern aswell as hammering and pulling off between fingers 2 and 3 combined with standard stuff
Do you think the guy in the video knows that's what he's playing? :wink:
I think so!
the_grod
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:41 pm

lol people are arrogant on the internet for no reasons at all lol
the_grod
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:41 pm

guys wait....the video is bloody fast forwarded!!! isnt it??
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

the_grod wrote:guys wait....the video is bloody fast forwarded!!! isnt it??
I have seen and heard him play before, and trust me when i say that the dude can shred.
djhollowman
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:23 am

slash89 wrote:
the_grod wrote:guys wait....the video is bloody fast forwarded!!! isnt it??
I have seen and heard him play before, and trust me when i say that the dude can shred.
Ahem, I refer you to my earlier post in this thread.....

I'd like to see that fella play with some feel. He's obviously got chops, but it just ain't all about speed and flashy techniques is it? I bet he could actually play though, and he's just gone down the old "better do my most wanky stuff for the cameras, to impress the non players" road! C'mon we're all a wee bit guilty of that at times, aren't we??? No?? Just me then.........
The Wolf
Member
Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:29 pm

the thing I laughed the hardest at was how he seemed to really hate his guitar as he played it. "I HATE PEOPLE!" meedlymeedlymeedly!
Ibanezjem555
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 am

I bet he cant do anything else XD
User avatar
another virtuoso
Member
Member
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:23 pm

i remember seeing this a while back.
SO incredibly sloppy!
absolutely no syncronization in the two hands what so ever.
Post Reply