Can YOU play this technique?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
slash89

I just watched this clip and this ultra fast shredder pulled of a technique I've never seen before.

Have a look and you'll see what I mean: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ing+lesson

This tapping is probably harder than most Michael Romeo stuff, but please do post a video if you can explain it further :wink:
Ugur Dariveren

Really fast picking but not musical.
Then i prefer Steve Vai style tapping ;)
Jem-7vwh-agg

That’s ridiculous! It’s all noise. He is not picking synchronized. He just moves his hands. And then performs his random "tapping". to me looks like his tickling his strings :lol:

That's a terrible example to see technique. Search for Shawn Lane, Paul Gilbert if you want to see some fast picking stuff, that are musical at the same time.
Splish

hmmm

So... Can fat people play guitar faster than thin people?!!?! :lol:

Splish
Shade

Un-musical playing styles isn't always a bad thing, as there is even a place for un-musical things in a musical situation.

But it would get REALLY old after awhile, and just that 50 second clip fatigued my ears XD.
Jared2720

People play guitar that way for the same reason they drive Hummers and carry handguns... *sigh*
fyrie

Holy sloppiness!
Vegas_Blues

Jared2720 wrote:People play guitar that way for the same reason they drive Hummers and carry handguns... *sigh*
[/off-topic]I carry a handgun because all of the criminals have them, and when I am mugged at gunpoint, I am at a great disadvantage. [/off-topic]
GregN

fyrie wrote:Holy sloppiness!
haha i was thinking the same thing.
guyver_dio

This stuff always gets bashed as being unmusical. But it's quite obvious that it's just a video showing a unique thing he can do. Ofcourse you wouldn't listen to this as you would with your regular music, that's why it's a 50 second vid clip on google video and not an album.
-SkiZ-

OMG it's yngwie malmsteen on steroids!!! :lol:
jam-man

Even his speed isn't impressing...
mental speedin

that was crap. yeah he is fast but not that fast, his playin is super sloppy. theres no feel to it at all. just runnin up n down the neck aimlessly. hated it
brentm

Does it seem like he's doing a ton of chromatic scales?
Jamie FT

And I thought there couldn't be a 'best' guitar player, the title of that video sure proved me wrong. :wink:

Also some bits looks like it's definately been speeded up on the computer, maybe that's just me. Still sloppy as buggery though.