help me learn a chord progressoin (radiohead)

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
dweezil 9

This is really pathetic, but I simply can't play rhythm. I've been listening to a lot of Radiohead lately, and I really would like to learn somethign like Exit Music (for a film) or Karma Police.

I want to know if anyone here can copy the tab of the chrods for me and lay it out so I can learn the propper rhythm up down strokes and stuff.

I know it's a big ask, but i'm so hopeless, and I don't know of anyone else I can ask. The first couple of chords would be appreciated.
dzdncnfsd

I'm doing this memory, so I apoligize for mistakes...

I believe Karma Police goes something like...

Am Am/F# Em G
Am F Em G
Am D G C Am Bm D

Then the chorus goes

C D G F# x4
Bm D

The rhythm is very simple, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask...
groom

wow wow wow, what about street spirit?
ASpaceAgeSoul
Newcomer

dzdncnfsd wrote:I'm doing this memory, so I apoligize for mistakes...

I believe Karma Police goes something like...

Am Am/F# Em G
Am F Em G
Am D G C Am Bm D

Then the chorus goes

C D G F# x4
Bm D

The rhythm is very simple, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask...
Am *D/F# Em G
Am *D/F# Em G
Am *D/F# G *G/F# *C9 *C9/B Am Bm D

to the best of my knowledge there is no Am/F# and it is a D/F#, I also added the passing chords.
lydian2000

groom wrote:wow wow wow, what about street spirit?
street spirit is a 5 string arpeggio sometimes played by tom yorke with a pick(even harder)

the idea are basic chord shapes Am-Em (and C in the chorus) with the three "descending" notes on the B string starting 3rd fret notes are D(3rd fret B string), C(1st fret Bstring) and open B string.

if u decompose the notes u'll notice that there is this kind of 1-2-1 movement on the D and G string at the end of the "arpeggio" that allows softer chord change.

Took me a while to play it properly with fingers and even more time to play it clean with a pick, it looks much easier than it actually is.

hope that helped.
groom

lydian2000 wrote:
groom wrote:wow wow wow, what about street spirit?
street spirit is a 5 string arpeggio sometimes played by tom yorke with a pick(even harder)

the idea are basic chord shapes Am-Em (and C in the chorus) with the three "descending" notes on the B string starting 3rd fret notes are D(3rd fret B string), C(1st fret Bstring) and open B string.

if u decompose the notes u'll notice that there is this kind of 1-2-1 movement on the D and G string at the end of the "arpeggio" that allows softer chord change.

Took me a while to play it properly with fingers and even more time to play it clean with a pick, it looks much easier than it actually is.

hope that helped.
ye, i just learned to play it and sing at the same time lol
lydian2000

Sorry i missed the sarcasm behind "wow wow wow" if u're such a gifted guitarist and singer don 't cynically ask for help and shut up, and let those who genuinely help here instead of taking the piss. :evil: