Found a Site, just crapped my pants!

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Bold_As_Love

Check it out. Scales, chords, sound files and the like.

looknohands.com

amazing, check it out for at least five minutes and try and tell me it's not amazing.
munchocruncho

Thankyouthankyouthankyou
another virtuoso

everyone should click the "links" tab towards the top of the www.looknohands.com site. there are several VERY good and thorough sites there.

http://www.geocities.com/~sologuitar/
^will keep you busy for a while.
PifleChien

Interesting tool, really. The only thing it lacks IMO is the cyclic diagram - whatever its correct english name may be.

It consists of a circle with twelve points, each point representing, you guessed it, a semitone; you mark every note of a scale, beginning with what you think is the root at 12 o'clock. I found this diagram very useful and synthetic in studying scales and modes (you just have to "rotate" the circle to find a mode). I strongly recommend trying it!

I'd do a DHTML version if I hadn't my hands full right now, or better, a quick flash if I was skilled in this area, which is not yet the case. Ah, promises... If you know of a similar app, please let me know!
Pi2plank

its a great site, next big thing since sliced bread... :D

but one drawback i see is that theres no easy way to print those scales...maybe because its flash, tomorrow i'll try to copy those scales to MSword (again) so i could print & finally practice on my scales...

8)
the_grod

Guys, you should download Guitar pro5, its got all the scales and displays them real-time...you can even click on the notes to form tabs...the program is basically the same as powertab..it creates tabs

It also has a very realistic guitar sound to choose from...some real-sound technology thing...its got real acoustic and overdriven sounds...really an awesome program...

<snip: No illegal stuff here>

Hope that helps...cheers felas
mi2tom

cool site
munchocruncho

I never heard of melodic minor ascending and melodic minor descending
I thought it was always just melodic minor
AND
Guitar pro sucks
kthx
PifleChien

What you know as melodic minor is descending melodic minor. Ascending is an enharmonic and the distinction goes way back. For the sake of simplicity, everyone just says "melodic minor" and we save one breath each time to do more interesting things.

"An enharmonic of what?", you might say. Well, was it natural minor or harmonic minor? I don't seem to care enough to remember - I *think* it was natural minor, the chanting monks being picky about the 7th for whatever reason; considering the life they led, you'd find these kind of all-important yourself. Or maybe it was just that they just could have enjoyed music and thus fall prey to Satan, so something annoying had to be made about it. Monks will be monks.

Anyway, the idea behind this ascending/descending stuff is interesting nonetheless: you could write a melody that ascends some scale/mode and descends in a slighlty different scale/mode. That, and flail your back everytime you enjoy it.
McTastyfrets

I would have to say, IMHO, that www.ibreathemusic.com trumps all...
jemmaster7

Those are all good sites
lydian2000

the_grod wrote:Guys, you should download Guitar pro5, its got all the scales and displays them real-time...you can even click on the notes to form tabs...the program is basically the same as powertab..it creates tabs

It also has a very realistic guitar sound to choose from...some real-sound technology thing...its got real acoustic and overdriven sounds...really an awesome program...

<snip: No illegal stuff here>

Hope that helps...cheers felas
YES! not only guitar pro 5 does exactly the same as this webpage but does much more, u can print listen to, even search for a scale!

check out the trial version of the program and u'll be amazed at the great tools it offers to help compose..MIDI technnology at its best and audio too!(YES) i'm even surprised at how little this wonderful program is known, i'm sure pros would use it too.
lydian2000

Guitar pro sucks... oh yeah?

well gimme the name of a better TAB program(although its much more than a tabbing program)...?

problem is, there is none. :wink: