Does anybody have a backing track for...

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Hobophobic

...Dave's Party Piece?
knarfzednem

hey, are you the same guy from the Carvin boards? anyways, ask Dave. i'm pretty sure's he's got one lying around somewhere. he'll probably be happy to put it up for you.
dzdncnfsd

whenever i need a backing track, I just download the song for guitar pro, and mute the guitar track...
Hobophobic

knarfzednem wrote:hey, are you the same guy from the Carvin boards? anyways, ask Dave. i'm pretty sure's he's got one lying around somewhere. he'll probably be happy to put it up for you.
Yep, that's me.
dzdncnfsd wrote:whenever i need a backing track, I just download the song for guitar pro, and mute the guitar track...
Yeah, I've already tried that but it just doesn't sound as good that way. I was thinking about something like the tracks you can get on [snip - Do not post links to websites that promote the illegal distribution of copyrighted materal - Mod777] Thanks for the suggestion though.

Apologies! I keep forgetting that using other peoples music as a learning tool is no longer cool. I wonder if any of these stars who get offended over such things used copyrighted material on their way up?
Last edited by Hobophobic on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
guyver_dio

PM me your email address and i'll send it.
knarfzednem

dzdncnfsd wrote:whenever i need a backing track, I just download the song for guitar pro, and mute the guitar track...
i didn't even know you can do that!. i've got a Mac though. arggh! :x
hewhoshreds

If anyone has any backing tracks, please please send them to matthew_jamison@hotmail.com . I have an A level music performance in about a month or two's time and it would be great if I could get some tracks, particularly Vai and Satch ones, 'Die to live' especially.
MikeCap

There is a web sight called "Musicroom.com" They sell 2 CD's with books containing Steve Vai backing tracks. The one titled "Play guitar with Steve Vai" includes the authentic backing track for "Die To Live" :D . They also sell a book/CD called "In session with Steve Vai".