HHEEEYYY WHY NOT???

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
KGNOKODOMO

hello:
i was thinking about the idea of mr vai selling his backing track for the most requested songs if not for all the songs on the music store!!!???
i know it would be very helpful to all of us!!
mike!! why not to talk about this with him??

any comments guys?????

regards!!!!
Vegas_Blues

ya know.....
The store DOES offer "Signature Licks" Books for The Ultra Zone, Fire Garden and Alien Love Secrets which include (on a CD) the athentic backing tracks by Steve Vai for your jamming along pleasure.
These include a lot of his "popular" songs :)

Hopefully thats what you meant, and I didnt misinterperet you :)

Link:
http://www.bandmerch.com/java2/BandMerc ... category=8
KGNOKODOMO

mmmmmmm........not

what i mean is the actual backings not the ones developed on those books, which are more directed to learning the theory behind the song
and have verses and sections repeated more times ans so..........
you know?? the real song withouth guitar, for example warm regards
windows to the soul , whispering prayer lotus feet etc........

hope i made myself clear

regards
shredlord

i doubt that steve would do that, because of one simple reason... if he did, some would say, why not offer the single guitar tracks, so we could dig into his playin some more... and it's not in the mind of an artist to sell the single bits of is work... they want their fans to appreciate the whole banana.
KGNOKODOMO

shredlord wrote:i doubt that steve would do that, because of one simple reason... if he did, some would say, why not offer the single guitar tracks, so we could dig into his playin some more... and it's not in the mind of an artist to sell the single bits of is work... they want their fans to appreciate the whole banana.
i THINK IT IS IN THE MIND OF AN ARTIST TO SELL SINGLE BITS OF HIS WORKS!! JE JE JE!!!!
you see!!! just check the intro of the web page: finally what i asked, came true!!! thanks mr. VAI, either you listened to my requests!! or im i become a foreseener!!!!!
ha ha ha ha!!! ha ha ha!!!!! ha ha ha ha!!! (senseless laugh any way!!!)
Pif

Yup. Nice idea, though some of us already have quite a load of them with the Naked Vamps books!

Also, check Radiohead and NiN, selling individual tracks for remixing. I know I would want to hear a Radiohead/Nin/Vai mashup.
LoveBlood

KGNOKODOMO wrote:hello:
i was thinking about the idea of mr vai selling his backing track for the most requested songs if not for all the songs on the music store!!!???
i know it would be very helpful to all of us!!
mike!! why not to talk about this with him??

any comments guys?????

regards!!!!
Shame nobody ever really gave you a proper reply, about your request, i'm glad your wishes have now come true though!!
another virtuoso

who ever said steve even likes bananas anyway
Symphon

KGNOKODOMO wrote:
shredlord wrote: or im i become a foreseener!!!!!
i believe thats called a "seer"