steve vai instructional video's

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
klangmaster TM

Mikey wrote:
These videos are not made by Steve, do not feature Steve and are not made with Steve's permission. The front of them is very misleading because they look as if you're going to get a lesson with Steve. But instead, you'll be throwing your money down the toilet.

And if it was an official Vai release, the cover design would be a lot cooler too.

Mikey
vai.com
So why don't You do something with them? Can't You sue them?
El_Jefe

oh i see yes hahah i kinda got misleaded becuse of steve on the cover and all so i thought he would be the one learning out the songs :P but i was wrong :oops:
Hobophobic

mental speedin wrote:personally i prefer the 2nd one as its better tracks in my opinion.
In general I agree, but I really like Ladies Night in Buffalo and that's on the first one. I don't have them, didn't know about them but... hmmm.
Hobophobic

klangmaster TM wrote:Can't You sue them?
There's a good suggestion... go straight to "sue". Seriously though, why is a video teaching someone how to play a song any worse than a guitar instructor teaching someone how to play a song? Any artist that's ever made a few bucks as a guitar instructor at some point during his/her way up the ladder has taught others to play songs that he/she didn't write... and I'd be willing to bet that it was without obtaining permission from the artist. A "personal interpretation, not endorsed by or made with the participation of any artist represented" disclaimer should be all that's necessary.
alienacidsoup

RAI wrote:Steve has never recorded any instructional videos.
The closest thing to anything like that, is the "RI" DVD, featured in a couple of guitar mags last year.
Hey RAI... what dvd are you talking about? I must have missed it!
pataman

alienacidsoup wrote:
RAI wrote:Steve has never recorded any instructional videos.
The closest thing to anything like that, is the "RI" DVD, featured in a couple of guitar mags last year.
Hey RAI... what dvd are you talking about? I must have missed it!
Yeah, same here, what RI dvd?
RAI

From the Vai.com "News Page"...:

"Magazines Galore

Steve appears on the cover of the latest Guitar World magazine (along with Alexi Laiho and Zakk Wylde). If you pick the magazine up from the newsstands you'll also get a bonus CD-ROM with an exclusive video of Steve talking about the recording of “Freak Show Excess” from his new album. The video will be continued in next month's edition."

This was about a year ago, I believe...
pataman

RAI wrote:From the Vai.com "News Page"...:

"Magazines Galore

Steve appears on the cover of the latest Guitar World magazine (along with Alexi Laiho and Zakk Wylde). If you pick the magazine up from the newsstands you'll also get a bonus CD-ROM with an exclusive video of Steve talking about the recording of “Freak Show Excess” from his new album. The video will be continued in next month's edition."

oh cool thx, ill try and find it somewhere...
shredlord

pataman wrote:
RAI wrote:From the Vai.com "News Page"...:

"Magazines Galore

oh cool thx, ill try and find it somewhere...
shredlord wrote:it's the april '05 issue of "guitar world", and the 03/05 issue of the german "guitar".
it should be available on vai-tunes also in the near future...