steve vai instructional video's

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
{TKG}MALICE

is there any like instructional videos by steve vai, and if there is where could i get it?
RAI

Steve has never recorded any instructional videos.
The closest thing to anything like that, is the "RI" DVD, featured in a couple of guitar mags last year.
miker

You could go to Russia or the Ukraine for his Masterclass Clinic... yah.
PureVa|

miker wrote:You could go to Russia or the Ukraine for his Masterclass Clinic... yah.
wazzat??
miker

Steve Vai Masterclass Tour - Russia & the Ukraine
Steve will be doing a short tour of Russia and the Ukraine in mid-March where he will be conducting three evening masterclass clinics, and three daytime in-store autograph sessions. The tour visits Ekaterinbug, Russia; Kiev, Ukraine; and Moscow, Russia. Check the Tour Dates page for more information, and contact the music stores listed for ticket sales. We will have more details on the tour in the coming days

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

These videos are not made by Steve, do not feature Steve and are not made with Steve's permission. The front of them is very misleading because they look as if you're going to get a lesson with Steve. But instead, you'll be throwing your money down the toilet.

And if it was an official Vai release, the cover design would be a lot cooler too.

Mikey
vai.com
DiMarzio

Cus you would design it, right Mikey? ;)
That wasn't ment as irony
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Of course ;)
mental speedin

true they may not be of steves permission but those r really good dvds. i have them both. its guthrie goven and dave kilminster who teach
Linkin-France-JEM
Newcomer

mental speedin wrote:true they may not be of steves permission but those r really good dvds. i have them both. its guthrie goven and dave kilminster who teach
Cool - I really need a guitar teacher :(
{TKG}MALICE

thanks, sucks its not actually with steve... thats what i was lookin for... oh well, hopefully he will make one one day
LedFingers

Hey, MentalSpeedin, could you go into a little more detail about those dvd's. Does Guthrie give any tips or is just him playin each lick slowly?
mental speedin

the guys play each section slowly, talk about it, get close - ups on their hands etc. its really good tho, personally i prefer the 2nd one as its better tracks in my opinion. its really good cos u can focus on one particular area or try the whole thing at one. the guys try to make it as easy as possible to learn and give lots of help. i have had the privilage of being taught by Dave K for one day and it was outstanding
merlinlake78

get yourself a degree in engineering or some technilogical stuff .
build a robot .. program it to play steve vai stuff .. tape that..
watch it ..learn :D :D :D :D