Jason Becker Legato (video inside)

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Message
Author
dweezil 9
Member
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:25 am

Jason Becker Legato (video inside)

#1 Post by dweezil 9 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:43 am

Does anyone have a tab of the legato section he plays in this solo at the begining?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... son+becker

Eutow
Member
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:18 am
Location: United States, CA, Ceres
Contact:

#2 Post by Eutow » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:37 am

its on mysongbook.com

guitar player
Newcomer
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:04 pm

#3 Post by guitar player » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:27 pm

omg that is amazing I need to play my guitar with a low action on it
He really has talant and technical skill

Loggie
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:12 am
Contact:

#4 Post by Loggie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:31 am

Eutow wrote:its on mysongbook.com
name of tab?

Guitar_freaak
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:28 am
Location: Brisbane , Australia

#5 Post by Guitar_freaak » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:40 am

Loggie wrote:
Eutow wrote:its on mysongbook.com
name of tab?
The first legato part is just Jason mucking around , then he breaks into some arps , which aren't tabbed , then some blusey part which is also not tabbed , then he does some more arps , which is a song called 'Serrana' which is on MSB . http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-tab_list& ... art=20.htm

User avatar
precario
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

#6 Post by precario » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:09 pm

It's under the name of "Jason Becker Guitar Solo (Live In Japan 1989)"

alienillusions
Banned
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm

#7 Post by alienillusions » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:05 pm

My God that sounds terrible. One of the most unimaginative, uninspired solos I've ever heard...Bravo for the technique, but it sounds like crap.

GuitarHero
Member
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

#8 Post by GuitarHero » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:22 pm

alienillusions wrote:My God that sounds terrible. One of the most unimaginative, uninspired solos I've ever heard...Bravo for the technique, but it sounds like crap.
I seriously disagree with you. He's so f***ing clean for playing that fast and how can you say the "seranna" arpeggio part is unimaginative??? I'd like to see you come up with a progression more beautiful and unique. :shock: Besides that, he's just showing off because he was so damn good. You're entitled to your opinion however :roll:

Eutow
Member
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:18 am
Location: United States, CA, Ceres
Contact:

#9 Post by Eutow » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Guitar_freaak wrote:
Loggie wrote:
Eutow wrote:its on mysongbook.com
name of tab?
The first legato part is just Jason mucking around , then he breaks into some arps , which aren't tabbed , then some blusey part which is also not tabbed , then he does some more arps , which is a song called 'Serrana' which is on MSB . http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-tab_list& ... art=20.htm
actually, those arps ARE tabbed.

they are from Go Off!!

excellent arps.

Guitar_freaak
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:28 am
Location: Brisbane , Australia

#10 Post by Guitar_freaak » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Eutow wrote:
Guitar_freaak wrote:
Loggie wrote: name of tab?
The first legato part is just Jason mucking around , then he breaks into some arps , which aren't tabbed , then some blusey part which is also not tabbed , then he does some more arps , which is a song called 'Serrana' which is on MSB . http://www.mysongbook.com/tab-tab_list& ... art=20.htm
actually, those arps ARE tabbed.

they are from Go Off!!

excellent arps.
Oh really , didnt know . Thanks , i thought they only tabbed the Serrana part . :)

alienillusions
Banned
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm

#11 Post by alienillusions » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:37 pm

GuitarHero wrote:
alienillusions wrote:My God that sounds terrible. One of the most unimaginative, uninspired solos I've ever heard...Bravo for the technique, but it sounds like crap.
I seriously disagree with you. He's so f***ing clean for playing that fast and how can you say the "seranna" arpeggio part is unimaginative??? I'd like to see you come up with a progression more beautiful and unique. :shock: Besides that, he's just showing off because he was so damn good. You're entitled to your opinion however :roll:
I've come up with a lot more original and beautiful pieces than that, not that I have anything to prove. His tone is shite, EVH would school the kid. I wonder if he's ever played rhythm? It's impressive that he can play so fast, however, he sounds stale and mechanical. No soul. No need to get so uptight.

GuitarHero
Member
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Southern California
Contact:

#12 Post by GuitarHero » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:20 pm

alienillusions wrote:
GuitarHero wrote:
alienillusions wrote:My God that sounds terrible. One of the most unimaginative, uninspired solos I've ever heard...Bravo for the technique, but it sounds like crap.
I seriously disagree with you. He's so f***ing clean for playing that fast and how can you say the "seranna" arpeggio part is unimaginative??? I'd like to see you come up with a progression more beautiful and unique. :shock: Besides that, he's just showing off because he was so damn good. You're entitled to your opinion however :roll:
I've come up with a lot more original and beautiful pieces than that, not that I have anything to prove. His tone is shite, EVH would school the kid. I wonder if he's ever played rhythm? It's impressive that he can play so fast, however, he sounds stale and mechanical. No soul. No need to get so uptight.
Well, saying one of my favorite guitarists is unimaginative gets my blood boiling. Have you ever listened to a Jason Becker album??? Probably not based on your comments. And if you've come up with better shit than that you would be out making money playing music and not sitting on your ass at your computer desk writing on this forum. Have a listen to the album, "Perpetual Burn" and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

---
Edit: btw he was only about 19, 20 years old in that video.

alienillusions
Banned
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm

#13 Post by alienillusions » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:52 pm

GuitarHero wrote:
alienillusions wrote:
GuitarHero wrote: I seriously disagree with you. He's so f***ing clean for playing that fast and how can you say the "seranna" arpeggio part is unimaginative??? I'd like to see you come up with a progression more beautiful and unique. :shock: Besides that, he's just showing off because he was so damn good. You're entitled to your opinion however :roll:
I've come up with a lot more original and beautiful pieces than that, not that I have anything to prove. His tone is shite, EVH would school the kid. I wonder if he's ever played rhythm? It's impressive that he can play so fast, however, he sounds stale and mechanical. No soul. No need to get so uptight.
Well, saying one of my favorite guitarists is unimaginative gets my blood boiling. Have you ever listened to a Jason Becker album??? Probably not based on your comments. And if you've come up with better shit than that you would be out making money playing music and not sitting on your ass at your computer desk writing on this forum. Have a listen to the album, "Perpetual Burn" and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

---
Edit: btw he was only about 19, 20 years old in that video.
Kid, grow up and suck it up...you need to learn to accept other people's opinions without getting so upset. Shows your low level of maturity to say I should be out making money if I'm so good. Money is not what music is all about, and if you haven't learned that yet, then you shouldn't be playing kiddo. I've listened to all that stuff. Becker just never impressed me. I've never been a fan of sweep picking either, even though Vai does it here and there. Becker is overkill with the technique though. Just sounds like a powerdrill that has a dying battery. I'm a huge Vai, Satch, Holdsworth EVH etc... fan because those guys have finesse AND chops AND a keen sense of melody AND great tone, none of which Becker posesses. Now if you can't accept this opinion and you're going to whine like a baby about it again, please re-think your aggressive defensiveness and accept the fact that people will have different tastes and opinions than your own. Not everyone has to think "Perpetual Burn" is awesome.

*theanimal*05
Member
Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:18 pm
Location: sydney australia

#14 Post by *theanimal*05 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:40 am

what a stupid thing to say......i can really see how you accept everyone elses opinion..

Zebula77
Member
Member
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:03 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

#15 Post by Zebula77 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:29 am

Becker was definitely a soulful player as well as having superscary chops. You should check out his playing on David Lee Roth's 'A Lil' Bit Ain't Enough' which is very tasteful, indeed. Melodical and with nice tone. If he hadn't gotten ill, I think he would be one of the top guitarists today. Sad, sad story.

And his sweeping arpeggios are the most melodic I've heard, and seriously fast sweeps are rarely melodic. But his are so clean and you can really hear the harmonic progression there. Amazing stuff.

Locked