Slippery pick problem

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
keithb

I'm sure that other people must have this problem. When I'm playing hard for a while, my fingers get a bit sweaty, and I start to lose my grip on my pick. This tends to lead to me being pick-less just at the start of my solo, or something of that nature. I like the Dunlop 1mm picks alot, so ideally I'd like to keep using them. Any suggestions on what I can do?
Knightmeir

Gorilla Snot

Sex Wax would probably work too
Willin

Dunlop Tortex H3's are the best!!! They are 1mm thick and have a powder coating on them which makes it near impossible for them to be slippery! You'll be amazed when you first use them. It is the Dunlop Tortex Jazz H3 pick. They are purple. The exact print on my bag of H3 picks is "472RH3 TORTEX JAZZ PICK". Give them a try!
ChickenScratch

I use a knife and carve an X on both sides of the pick. Well most times it's an X, sometimes when I'm lazy I just scratch it up a bit.
Oliver_Reed

Damn!.

I wanted to say Gorilla Snot - but I`m too late!.

I`ve never used it - but I think it it`s the best brand name EVER.

And now my only chance to ever recommend has gone. :cry:

Ollie.
jmchambers5

Hey, Ollie, I forgot what that stuff was called that you put on your pick so it doesn't slip, and i am incapable of scrolling up. Could you reccomend a product to me that will keep my pick from slipping?
alienacidsoup

Try using a paper punch or drill to put a hole in the center of the pick.
Works great... alot of people do this!!!
RoadStarII

Im a little to late for any suggestions but i have a solution to another simular problem with picks.

If you play hard then go to solo and realize that your pick has those annoying rigdes in the sides that keep catching on the string. what you do is simple carve away the excess plastic, im sure this is basic knowledge, but i thought id share it with you guys