Anyone up to a little balto

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
j.arledge

well i guess you can say i just found out about Micheal angelo balto from a video i wated on the dean guitar website . This guy is badass . I noticed he had somthing that looked simular to a capo on his first fret . I then though i'll bet that it works the same way like when steve puts his picking hand behind the fretting left hand in order to mute the strings while playing legato .

So i took a piece of tape and put it on the strings at the first fret . Works well , and i can already feel my fingers getting a little tired from the work but try going crazy train without a pick .

anyways watch his video here.
http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/
-=MelodicDreamer=-

Nice :)

But its actually Micheal Angelo Batio
Moderator777

Actually, it's Michael Angelo Batio.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
Christophar

That thing on his first fret is a string dampener and I think using one is cheating.
cockoo
Newcomer

Ya im with Christophar on this one. Thats cheating no bones about it
Moderator777

He uses string dampeners to keep the other neck from sounding out or feeding back when he's using the other. How is that cheating? He invented something which people have been using for years. I've seen some guitarists use from socks to shoe strings to dampen their fingerboards at the nut. It's not cheating, it's just a new idea. Would you consider the sustainer pickup cheating?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
j.arledge

Moderator777 wrote:He uses string dampeners to keep the other neck from sounding out or feeding back when he's using the other. How is that cheating? He invented something which people have been using for years. I've seen some guitarists use from socks to shoe strings to dampen their fingerboards at the nut. It's not cheating, it's just a new idea. Would you consider the sustainer pickup cheating?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com

good point . I dont thing it is cheating , much for the same reasons at 777 does.

I thought that was prety cool myself . Kind of makes me want to buy a left handed guitar and start both handed.