Turkish March - "Crossroads" version

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Deyo

Turkish March - "Crossroads" version

#1 Post by Deyo » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:30 pm

A one guy on guitar newsgroup here where i live, asked for tabs for this version of Mozarts famous theme. Well it turned out that there is no such tab on the net, so i offered to tab it. He sent me the audio clip, and now i want to share this tab with you, maybe you would like to play it too :D it's pretty challenging

Here is the audio clip :

http://www.savefile.com/files/5951573

..and here are tabs

http://www.savefile.com/files/6985182

Enjoy and good luck!

p.s. this was the first time i ever tabbed a song 8)

precario

#2 Post by precario » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:34 am

I love this song, and that bluesy thing you made on the end, wooooow, what a ride, I need to learn this.

lydian2000

#3 Post by lydian2000 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:59 pm

guyz excuse me coz i havent seen the film crossroads in a long time now,but that challenging piece during the famous duel with steve and ry cooder is an extract from paganini's 5th caprice, which has NOTHING to do with mozart's turkish march as many obviously know, so I now realize the turkish march transcription for guitar(whose musical interest played on a guitar is debatable IMO) is played somewhere else in the film, right?

sorry just wanted to clear that up, coz although my classical knowledge is limited i hate to see guitarists (me included) mixing up "some classical dude" with another "classical dude" when these composers have barely anything in common(centuries/countries and so on).( I bet noone would give acid to drink and say" well its some kinda liquid, right?")

anyway your transcript and interpretation sound really cool(congrats) but is it worth the effort?

Deyo

#4 Post by Deyo » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:46 pm

lydian2000 wrote:guyz excuse me coz i havent seen the film crossroads in a long time now,but that challenging piece during the famous duel with steve and ry cooder is an extract from paganini's 5th caprice, which has NOTHING to do with mozart's turkish march as many obviously know, so I now realize the turkish march transcription for guitar(whose musical interest played on a guitar is debatable IMO) is played somewhere else in the film, right?

sorry just wanted to clear that up, coz although my classical knowledge is limited i hate to see guitarists (me included) mixing up "some classical dude" with another "classical dude" when these composers have barely anything in common(centuries/countries and so on).( I bet noone would give acid to drink and say" well its some kinda liquid, right?")

anyway your transcript and interpretation sound really cool(congrats) but is it worth the effort?
Take it easy lyd 8)

what exactly is the point of your "big font, bolded letters, point making, emphasin' makin" post ? :D :roll: i don't get it, did someone said anything about Mozart and Paganini, did someone mixed these two ?! What am i missing? First of all i did not play this. The clip i posted is audio file ripped out of movie, played by other guitarist. I do not know who exactly. It wasn't Steve, thats fa sho. 8) I said, it is interesting cover of Turkish March by Mozart, which it obviously is. All i did is transcribed this clip into scores/tabs. That's it. I didn't say ever that this piece had anything to do with final duel. Actually as much as i remeber this was played at the very beggining of film. So once again, i do not know what made you write this. :wink:
Is it worth the effort? It sure as hell is. Listen to the clip (sound quality is really shity) and try to transcribe it, try to catch bass line, all the little details, and then try to put it in scores with correct rhythm and notes.. it was quite fun! And doing stuff like this always helps you develop your ear, theory and skills

chilliboy
Newcomer

#5 Post by chilliboy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:14 pm

sorry to interupt. but id like u guyz to try playing turkish march on a acoustic (preferebly a greg bennet signeture), and in the key of D minor. i think you will find it pleasantly surprising :wink: ....but remember to add your own little hammers, arpeggios, vibratos through the song. its sounds great.

davester1234

#6 Post by davester1234 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:08 am

what program do you need to open that tab?

Deyo

#7 Post by Deyo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:15 am

Guitar Pro