women can't shred

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.

Women can't play guitar

Yea
8%
Yea
8%
Yea
8%
Yea
8%
No
17%
No
17%
No
17%
No
17%

Total votes: 404
1118916GB

women can't shred

just kidding.
Last edited by 1118916GB on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Zod

It's not that they can't, it's that they don't.
Evil Betty

You forgot the poll option "I have a small penis and am threatened by women who can play the guitar".

I vote for that option.

E.B.
alienillusions
Banned

Evil Betty wrote:You forgot the poll option "I have a small penis and am threatened by women who can play the guitar".

I vote for that option.

E.B.
Are you a little bitter Betty? :lol:
treeduck

I only need to mention one name to end the debate: Jennifer Batten
Henrique Henriques

treeduck wrote:I only need to mention one name to end the debate: Jennifer Batten
Ditto

I got in this thread to write the exact same thing... :P

Betty just needs a good old... Nevermind or else she will shred me to pieces... (JK Betty :wink: )
Eutow

Gtdork wrote:
treeduck wrote:I only need to mention one name to end the debate: Jennifer Batten
Ditto

I got in this thread to write the exact same thing... :P

Betty just needs a good old... Nevermind or else she will shred me to pieces... (JK Betty :wink: )
Ditto.
mesavox

All I know is... Jennifer Batten is a master and overall can shred as well as anyone. She's no the only one either. And, as far as shredding goes, Anna Phoebe is a monster violin player as is Asha Mevlana and Valeri Vigoda. Then there is piano... Jane Mangini(Al Pitrelli's wife and Mike Mangini's ex wife... she certainly attracts the virtuosos and she an awfully sweet lady too).

So yeah, women can shred. :) There are differences in men and women that make one better at a thing than another because of their physical or emotional makeup but music and virtuosity aren't any of those things. Jane, Anna, and Jennifer have all three been very inspiring to me at different times over the years because they are great musicians doing awe inspiring things so I'm glad that women can indeed shred... or more importantly be masterful at thier musical craft.
Benighted

Dont forget the great kat. Wasnt she voted the 10th greatest shredder of all time ?
bubble

Indeed the cat is an awesome shredder (as are other ladies) but she has been known to get fans on stage to lick her ass (and I mean that literally)!!!

I think it's not possible to get away from the fact that there are more guys who shred - or at the very least have their reputations based on such- but I hardly think it would constitute any sweeping (no pun intended) statement about whether they can or not!

Such a statement from malmsteen - who could rip the arse out of most people - would be arrogant....

BUT

and i mean no offence, but unless you have those same tools I think you're asking for a pasting by some awesome women players!!!!! :roll:
NeeWhan

Is this a comment about all women or a woman in particular?

Which one then?
MR4Y

specify THE TYPE of shredding. women probably don't shredd the guitar, but they can craush us with violin shred :mrgreen:
1118916GB

Evil Betty wrote:You forgot the poll option "I have a small penis and am threatened by women who can play the guitar".

I vote for that option.

E.B.
HAHAHA Hey faggot you would vote for that option you small dicked loser haha and u admitted it too. Fine because you want me to, I'll put it. I'll try to cuz I know that you want it.
Alex Smith

1118916GB wrote:

I vote for that option.

E.B.
HAHAHA Hey **** you would vote for that option you small dicked loser haha and u admitted it too. Fine because you want me to, I'll put it. I'll try to cuz I know that you want it.
On behalf of all members of the human race confidently knowing that this post isn't worth replying to, I feel, out of pity, it is slightly necessary to inform you that every one of us is rolling our eyes, sighing, and wondering why so many of the human species has crashed and burned.

Could we close this thread now please?
1118916GB

how